Motorcycle Superstore Michelin Tire Sale

Here is a copy of the coupon code I received today....

4274d1286807474-motorcycle-superstore-michelin-tire-sale-sale.jpg

Seriously?? I just ordered a 190/55 PR2 from Dennis Kirk about 2 hours ago. $171 OTD and this deal would have been $154 OTD.

Edit: DK was nice enough to let me cancel my order. The 190/55 from Motorcycle Superstore ended up being $161.09 OTD

Last edited:
Seriously?? I just ordered a 190/55 PR2 from Dennis Kirk about 2 hours ago. $171 OTD and this deal would have been $154 OTD.

Edit: DK was nice enough to let me cancel my order. The 190/55 from Motorcycle Superstore ended up being $161.09 OTD

Glad to hear this helped someone out. I am going to get some Pilot Powers.

I always thought that DK would match pricing. I know that if I give any internet retail pricing store a competitors price they would usually match it. Just give them the web address for your particular product and they pretty much will match it. It’s always worked for me. :wow:

I always thought that DK would match pricing. I know that if I give any internet retail pricing store a competitors price they would usually match it. Just give them the web address for your particular product and they pretty much will match it. It’s always worked for me. :wow:

I was going to ask them to match the price. My first question was "is it possible to cancel my order?" She said "let me check" and placed me on hold for a minute. When she came back, she said "yep, no problem, you order has been canceled." So I never really got to ask my next question as to whether they would be willing to price match or not. I have never ordered from either place before so it didn't really matter to me where I got it. I've ordered from jakewilson.com before, and would probably have ordered there except they don't even carry the 190/55.

Since we are on the subject of replacemnt tires, do I need to go with the 190 size tire or would a 180 work. I'm sure this site has an insight on this.:worship:

Strange but I cannot get to the site tonight with Chrome, IE8 or FF.... It's down? I can browse anywhere else I want...

I tried the site from my new Android phone (HTC, Desire) and it worked great, only problem was that my eyes would be hurting if I stayed on it too long, and the magnify function was a bit fidly. I was amazed that the touch functions worked so well on such tiny icons. I was using it around the same time as you with no problems.

Glad to hear this helped someone out. I am going to get some Pilot Powers.

I had a Pilot Power on the rear. It was good and sticky but I could only muster out 6k on it before the cords came through, but I guess I should be happy with that with a performance tire.

I had a Pilot Power on the rear. It was good and sticky but I could only muster out 6k on it before the cords came through, but I guess I should be happy with that with a performance tire.

I only ride about 4K a season. That will last me a year and a half. Unless I make it to the track next season.

It is time for new rubber on my FZ. I am trying to hold off until just before spring so it is fresh when the weather breaks after winter. I put 18,500 km on my Pilot Roads (OEM).After the 8000km trip this summer the rear was flat spotted and the handling sucks right now.

It is time for new rubber on my FZ. I am trying to hold off until just before spring so it is fresh when the weather breaks after winter. I put 18,500 km on my Pilot Roads (OEM).After the 8000km trip this summer the rear was flat spotted and the handling sucks right now.

Well I'm sure there will be many more tire sales over the Winter. I have about 8500 miles on my Pilot Roads (OEM as well) and they still look almost new. However since my bike is an '06 these tires will be 5 years old soon so I'll probably replace them at some point next season regardless of the mileage and wear. Probably will go with the Pilot Road 2CT.

This is a great question for those with tire and slab experience....

What tires have you found that offer great lean angle, great rain riding yet hold up in the center for people who have to slab it for great distances?

I've got 10,300 miles as of today on the stock skins but they are admittedly not great tires. I'm just too cheap to buy new ones until I've sufficiently destroyed the old ones. The last three bikes I have owned had been traded or sold before I wore out a set of tires. The FZ1 is staying and she will need new treads for the upcoming spring.

Can you please list your tire make/model and how many miles you put on them before replacing? Or, how many miles are on them now and maybe a pic or two of the rear tread?

Thanks all!

This is a great question for those with tire and slab experience....

What tires have you found that offer great lean angle, great rain riding yet hold up in the center for people who have to slab it for great distances?

I've got 10,300 miles as of today on the stock skins but they are admittedly not great tires. I'm just too cheap to buy new ones until I've sufficiently destroyed the old ones. The last three bikes I have owned had been traded or sold before I wore out a set of tires. The FZ1 is staying and she will need new treads for the upcoming spring.

Can you please list your tire make/model and how many miles you put on them before replacing? Or, how many miles are on them now and maybe a pic or two of the rear tread?

Thanks all!

The Pilot Road 2 is supposed to be good for all of the above. I ordered the taller, 190/55 and just installed it today. Looks like it will be excellent for the handling/lean angle that you're talking about.

I managed to wear my rear Shinko 009 down to the cords in the center in only 4200 miles. These were the new tires the dealership put on when they sold me the bike. They're supposed to be a hard compound tire that most people say will last AT LEAST 8-10k miles. I must be hard on the rear tires. I'll be curious to see how the PR2 holds up. Most people report really good tread life from them.

I had very even wear on my OEM Pilot roads up until the loaded down run across the prairies at high speed this summer. Hot, flat, straight roads for 2500 km. at an average speed of 125 kph. I have 18,500 km on them and about 1 mm of tread depth in the center of the rear. The front is slightly less tread depth. I got 1, 1/2 seasons (remember I bought the bike at the end of July last year), so really I am pleased with the tires, and they are excellent in the rain! I would just like them to be grippier on the outer edges as I have had a couple of scares as they started to slide mid corner. I tend to ride through the corners aggressively and take it easy on the straights (cross prairie runs excepted) but have not had any recent track time. I think the Pilot Road 2's will fit the bill nicely come spring.

I am trying the 190/55 PR2's this go around. I had a nail in the original tire two days after buying the bike and the only tire that was avalible at the shop I had to stop at was a Pilot Power and I got to admit that its a great tire. I could throw it in turns hard and almost get a knee down without feeling any loss of grip from the rear. The only complaint I have is that it only lasted 6k and now I'm showing cords after my last 400 mile run this last weekend. Hope this helps if someone is leaning towards a performance tire.

^ Pilot power only lasting 6K? I've got 8K on my bike and still have lots of thread, does that mean I ride like a Grandma?

Is the Pilot Power stock (07), I forgot.

Last edited:
Back