Motorcycle Rider Protection Project

So, I hope this post is ok per forum rules but I found the info to be quite helpful.

I have All State Insurance and get their emails. The email today I found to be quite helpful.

I've gone down 2 times in the last 2 months. I was riding with the same friend both times and he actually got a First Aid Kit for his motorcyle after the first time because he realized he wasn't prepared in case of an accient. I'm rather fortunate in that I am a doctor and both times immediately ran through a systems check to assess how seriously I was injured (which interrestingly enough is weird to do under the high stress situation but training comes through in the end). I was lucky in both cases that it was nothing serious, but in reality it could have been much worse.

How many people on here are prepared to help out either themselves or a fellow rider in the case of an accident? The video link is attached. Give it a watch as it just may save your life or someone elses. We're all in this together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siNMuMgvfpI

p.s. Allstate is also paying to have "Watch for Motorcycle" signs as a part of one of their other programs and have signs in 15 cities so far. **sounds like the next Riding Game challenge**

Mate 40 years ago when I was 16 I saw two dudes killed in a moto crash a car turned in front of them.
At the time it was sickening for me to see and to this day if I think about it hard enough I can still see it and feel the cold weather of that night.
So to this day if I see a crash and there are more than enough people already at the scene I don't stop its no use being in the way.
But if need be I think I know enough to help but I hope I never have too.
Over the years I have been riding I have seen my fair share of moto crashes one dude wearing thongs FLIP FLOPS crash and the bottom of his foot was half hanging off so we had to tie it back on with a handkerchief that I had in my pocket.
But I think it should be made compulsory for car and motorcyclists to do a first aid course.

Back