Motorcycle gods smiled upon me today....

Well I got lucky today... I had a line on a bandit 400 was planning on paying $500 it was in nice shape but the owner had no title, hasn't ran in a few years and I looked in the tank and was like no way forget it... It was almost dark and I told her nahhhh I just don't know maybe a hundred and then I recanted and said no Im going to pass... Then she said I have no way to haul it and if its that bad will you just haul it away for me.... so I never look a gift horse in the mouth... and said sure So I got it home and did a little cleaning but I need advice on the tank???

Thanks Craig

photo+%252851%2529.JPG

photo+%252846%2529.JPG

photo+%252847%2529.JPG

photo+%252852%2529.JPG

At that "price" go source a new tank! :D

But, applying a liner is the best next option. Pete just did this to a tank a while ago I think?

ha!!! You talked her into GIVING you the bike? :wow::woot: Great deal and find!

Bandits are sweet bikes. I have a 1200 and love it!

Head over to Maximum-Suzuki.com and they have tons of great info on these bikes.

Make sure to pull them carbs as well and do a good clean/rebuild. Pull the air filter too and replace if dirty. Valve cover and do adjustment... Very easy. Just rocker style with adjuster, no shims. At least that is how it is on my 1200. Replace/bleed the brake fluid.

Air/oil cooled so no coolant to deal with.

Not much to these guys. Looks to be in good shape other than the inside of the tank.

Congrats!

Cheap as free!

I have no experience with something like this, but the other suggestions sound good. How does one line the tank after cleaning?

Also, how do you go about getting a title for a bike like that?

Ok well I made some progress today pulled the tank and drained it I think the most is varnish. I pulled the battery and hooked a jump box to it and all of the electrical worked...:tup: but the carbs are frozen.

At that "price" go source a new tank! :D

But, applying a liner is the best next option. Pete just did this to a tank a while ago I think?

Yup, I ended up using Kreem, worked great.

In fact I need to go see how the paint is coming on tge XV.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Making some head way new plugs and have been wiping everything down for the past week or so. The tank has been pulled and being cleaned, the carbs have been sent of for a ultra sonic cleaning and I am just waiting to get it back together....

Back