Motorcycle Accident VS Automobiles?

Final word
IF IT SCARES you to ride a bike get the f.... of it , if not accept that what it is is what it is

Personally I think a little fear is the one thing ALL the good street riders I've ever know have in common.

Anyone without some fear of blind corners, whats over that hill, the left turner at the intersection, the soccer mom on the cell phone........and so on.

WILL PROBABLY HAVE A VERY SHORT LIFESPAN ON A MOTORCYCLE.

I've known plenty of fearless street riders over the years. 3 I knew very well are now dead. :disapproval:

I hate to say but I think this thread is very focused but the term " Bike is Dangerous" Seems to be the focal point. Change the term to You are at higher risk for injury on a bike in the event of an accident. I have been riding for a long time 30 years. And yes I do believe the risk of me being badly or fataly injured is great while Im on my bike than in my truck.

I also feel I am at more risk of not being seen and getting hit by a car or other vehicle.
I am not nieve to what Im riding. I know the risk is much greater. But I like so many others choose to ride knowing these risks.

If anyone is riding thinking motorcycles are as safe on the road as cars should prolly give up biking now because your blinders are already on and you can see the obvious.

One statistic in biking still remains.
"there are two kinds of riders, ones that have gone down and thoes that havent gone down yet"!

Dress for the crash not the ride!! When you can get on a bike thinking like this I feel your increasing your safty.
When you get on with the thought your as safe as everyone around you, make sure your major medical is paid up.

Back