Mod questions.

whats up guys! its been forevere since i have been on here since winter has hit in north idaho. i have actually gotten in 4 days of riding in the last week which was very surprising because IM IN NORTH IDAHO!

Anyway I was looking at getting these two products below.

2001-2009 Yamaha FZ1 Greggs Customs LED Flusmount Turn Signals- Rated #1 :: Yamaha :: Turn Signals :: Xtreme Discount Cycle

2001-05 FZ1 LED FENDER ELIMINATOR KIT :: Yamaha :: Fender Eliminator Kits :: Xtreme Discount Cycle

What i am worried about is i read a couple of bad reviews about this company and am not sure if there is a better website out there i could get these products from? or something of the same look. i like the fender eliminator kit because i can keep the stock tails and the flush mount turn signals i should be able to find almost anywhere... i am just looking for a reputable shop or website to buy them from to avoid any unecessary frustration. what do you guys think?

Greggs turn signals you can find on eBay from various sellers if you have some time to look around...

for me... that FE kit don't do it... it's... yeah... not something I would pay for...

If you don't want to have to completely gut the tail and fit a smooth undertail.. and like the idea of the link you posted... break out the dremel and start cutting... draw a line with a piece of chalk and an architect's bendable ruler... I had no intention of keeping the rear signals, I went integrated into the tail light with those... so I cut that section off of the tail... and then you can cut up to the licence plate bracket and form everything all nice and smooth... leave the bracket and you'll still use the stock licence plate light which is built into the tail light...

I'm not a fan of the turn signals you have listed. I like these (and so do several other people around here): Yamaha 05 FZ1MicroAlloy Signals

Also, I am not a fan of any eliminator kit that requires you to cut anything. The website says there is no cutting involved, but then in the FAQ's it says you must cut the mudflap.

I'd go with a fender eliminator that lets you retain your stock signals in the rear. These are made for visibility, something I'm not willing to sacrafice. This is the kit that I was contemplating: Competition Werkes

I really dont like the stock turn signals. Visibillity is great dont get me wrong but i just dont like them. I will probably end up just busting out the dremmel and getting rid of the fender that way.

I was looking at these tail lights with the integrated signals what do you guys think?

2001-2005 Yamaha FZ1 LED Integrated Tail Light With Turn Signals  :: Yamaha :: Integrated Tail-lights :: Tail-Lights :: Xtreme Discount Cycle

I couldnt really find any other ones.

Anyone else know where to find some good reputable ones?

Clear Alternatives makes a dang good tail-light assembly... but... once again.. I'd get it on eBay... This xtreme discount Cycle has horrible reviews across every motorcycle forum I've looked at...

Greggs turn signals you can find on eBay from various sellers if you have some time to look around...

for me... that FE kit don't do it... it's... yeah... not something I would pay for...

If you don't want to have to completely gut the tail and fit a smooth undertail.. and like the idea of the link you posted... break out the dremel and start cutting... draw a line with a piece of chalk and an architect's bendable ruler... I had no intention of keeping the rear signals, I went integrated into the tail light with those... so I cut that section off of the tail... and then you can cut up to the licence plate bracket and form everything all nice and smooth... leave the bracket and you'll still use the stock licence plate light which is built into the tail light...

Mind snapping a few pics at different angles of your tail section? If I can save 120 bucks by cutting my own, i'm all for it. What brand of assimilator did you use for your integrated tail lights?

Thanks!

I'll see if I can dig up some pictures... but, the bike is currently in winter storage about 40 miles away in a friend's garage...

The "assimilator" I used is a Hoppy Trailer light adapter kit from Advance Autoparts for $12.00.

The "assimilator" I used is a Hoppy Trailer light adapter kit from Advance Autoparts for $12.00.[/QUOTE]

what do you need an assimilator for? i havent heard of one of those before.

this makes the stock tail light into : running light, brake light, and turn signals... typically they're known as "Tail Light assimilators" ... and typically they're $50 or higher... I guess some people will pay top dollar for anything...

I'll see if I can dig up some pictures... but, the bike is currently in winter storage about 40 miles away in a friend's garage...

The "assimilator" I used is a Hoppy Trailer light adapter kit from Advance Autoparts for $12.00.

guess my problem was using the trailer adapter from Uhaul....less wires to deal with on this model.....

Back