Mix and match

Gian T. Balls

Just thought somebody may like to see what color mix and match fun we can have with our bikes....lol.
I'm in the middle of putting on my black body work, but. I may go with the silver fender and red faring with the black tank and tail. I'm waiting to put the tank on till I get my PC and FCE. So I can do it all at once.
Till then. Check it out,

I'll post more pic's when the tank is on.

Interesting look you got there :laugh2: I don't care for the red fairing, but if you did it all black and silver I think it would look good.

Just thought somebody may like to see what color mix and match fun we can have with our bikes....lol.
I'm in the middle of putting on my black body work, but. I may go with the silver fender and red faring with the black tank and tail. I'm waiting to put the tank on till I get my PC and FCE. So I can do it all at once.
Till then. Check it out,

I'll post more pic's when the tank is on.
I don't care much for the combination in the picture with the red fairing and the silver. The combinations that I like are the same color everywhere except the forks and rims. I also like the fairing look compared with the more naked bikes. I know there are a lot that like the naked ones...just my taste.

I was hopefuly waiting on my PC3 to put the tank on so I could do the air box, BMC filter, fly be gone and FCE all at one time. but looks as though my PC is stuck in the snow. But who knows. I may do it anyways.
Hmmm siver tail you say... that would be interesting

Just because inquiring minds would like to know....why do you have the mix 'n match body work to begin with?

Last edited:
Just because enquiring minds would like to know....why do you have the mix 'n match body work to begin with?

Hmmmm.... well... truthfuly. I did everything I tell every body that rides a bike on the street not to do.:disapproval: To to sum it up, new tires, front end way to soft, on comeing CRX crossing over dubble yellows, Me squeeling like a little girl, to much brake. nice dent in the tank and took out the tail, muffle, fraring and stay (i'm really good). then Yay for e bay.
Do I need to say more? I think the worst part is. I've been riding street bikes for over 35 years...:disapproval:

Hmmmm.... well... truthfully. I did everything I tell every body that rides a bike on the street not to do.:disapproval: To to sum it up, new tires, front end way to soft, on coming CRX crossing over double yellows, Me squealing like a little girl, to much brake. nice dent in the tank and took out the tail, muffle, faring and stay (I'm really good). then Yay for e bay.
Do I need to say more? I think the worst part is. I've been riding street bikes for over 35 years...:disapproval:

Whoops! Glad you're OK and here to type about it!

Two tone bikes work out very well. It can be hard to pull off a three tone paint scheme unless you're Chip Foose. ;)

Black and silver.

I hope that is a road that I avoid for 35 years....glad you are ok...

truth be told...I've done the same thing....just two-tone with black and silver when I was trying to get a complete set of skunk bodywork.

Silver's did not match between the skunk and the silver paint from factory....painted black and orange peeled (because I thought 24 hours would be enough and could not leave an imperfection alone....paid the price...

DSC_0624.jpg

I hope that is a road that I avoid for 35 years....glad you are ok...

Thanks Brohay and FZ1inNH. Me too. I had a nice bruse but other then that I was ok.
Well here is the beast with the tank and dark wind screen. I'm still going with the tri-color.. But I think it's working for me..lol
Brohay, I love the two tone tank.. And the pipe. looking good!

Everyone's being kind to you, and while I'd like to be kind to you too........ well.......it looks like 'ass'. I think we all know the red doesn't work. The rest looks good, but the red just 'screams' "ooop's I dropped it". BUT...... and heres my idea...... Why not take this opportunity to re-paint it into an Aniversary or Bumble-Bee. I think we all can agree that that would look 'tits' at this juncture. I'm sorry if I offended you, honestly thats the furthest from my intentions, I promice. It just don't look too good like it is........... Were all glad however that your fine and survived intact.

Last edited:
Everyone's being kind to you, and while I'd like to be kind to you too........ well.......it looks like 'ass'. I think we all know the red doesn't work. The rest looks good, but the red just 'screams' "ooop's I dropped it". BUT...... and heres my idea...... Why not take this opportunity to re-paint it into an Aniversary or Bumble-Bee. I think we all can agree that that would look 'tits' at this juncture. I'm sorry if I offended you, honestly thats the furthest from my intentions, I promice. It just don't look too good like it is........... Were all glad however that your fine and survived intact.

:flip:.It dose not look anything like my Donkey..lmao... OK I had a good laugh over this one. Gohot, I'm not offended in the lest. Everyone has there own opinion, and your was writen nicely.
I'm not a big fan of Yellow, so the classic Bumble-bee is not going to happen. I had thought of the Retro white and red kit. But I could have it panted cheeper. I also was thinking to pant the fraring silver with a two tone tank, kind of like Brohay's.
I also saw another bike with the red faring and black body work, and liked it.
As for looking like it's been droped, I perfer to think of it as, "I really do ride this thing" look....
Anyways, I like in SoCal, and we do think a little diffrently, and like standing out in a crowed.....lmao.
The best thing is, I'm fast enough through the twistes (very few can keep up with me). I get my respect that way TYVM:poke:

I'm glad you didn't take offense.... and any of your paint scheme suggestions sounds great. I guess the black/yellow thing might not be for everyone... Well at any rate your luckier than all of us out here in the 40's too frigid to be having any real fun.

Thanks Brohay and FZ1inNH. Me too. I had a nice bruse but other then that I was ok.
Well here is the beast with the tank and dark wind screen. I'm still going with the tri-color.. But I think it's working for me..lol
Brohay, I love the two tone tank.. And the pipe. looking good!

Hey Gian T. Balls, what windshield do you have on your bike? I have a trip to Williams, Arizona coming up and was looking for more wind protection.:confused:

Hey Gian T. Balls, what windshield do you have on your bike? I have a trip to Williams, Arizona coming up and was looking for more wind protection.:confused:

At this time I have the Zero Gravity shield. I also have another shield that I think is a Puig (the reason I said "think" is because someone told me there Puig is not the same dimension. But when I got my body work it came with a Puig rapper covering the screen). So far I have only tryed the the ZG shield for one day. It's nice so far.
The Puig was a little wider. The wind flows out passed my arms (I'm 24" at the shoulders). With the ZG, it seems to hit me in the center of my arms. I do know Puig also makes a Touring shield. It looks to have just a little more protection lower by the faring.
My Puig shield worked well. Much better then stock for a long distance ride. The only thing I didn't like is the wind noise at Hwy speeds. If I was stright upright. It wasn't to bad. Very liveable. Still I would recoment it.

If you like you can buy the rest of my black bodywork in the classifieds. I have an extra front fairing and front suspension too
thank you, But to tell you the truth. I have everything in black sitting in my chair in my living room (that's right, I'm not married..lol).
Though I will be checking out the suspension stuff. I would like to have a extra track setup too.

Dam it.. you guys suck... with all your cool stuff I need... My bank acount does not like you at all...lol

Last edited:
I'm glad you didn't take offense.... and any of your paint scheme suggestions sounds great. I guess the black/yellow thing might not be for everyone... Well at any rate your luckier than all of us out here in the 40's too frigid to be having any real fun.

Not at all. I do enjoy reading all your posts. I got a good laugh out of it. I think what made it all the more funny is, arin't you the guy that used to have the Camo army issue 6X6 as a driver.. Sorry, but I had to bring that up...hehehee..:cheers:
Besides, I started my auto racing career in a Datsun 510. The dam thing was so ficken fast. But being a Datsun I was always ridiculed, hearing stuff about "it's a piece of jap crap" "he has no bissness being out here with the real cars" but then after I blew by the Vett's and Viper's all I would hear was "he must be cheeting"!
It was a nice car, with 3 stage German Paint. Red White and Blue even.
I pissed off alot of people with that car, and loved every minute of it.

Awww... man, In 1972 I bought one new, a 510 two door. I went with all the BRE stuff available, Corvair chrome wheels, big radial Dumlops, different steering wheel etc, etc. you know how the etc. goes. Way bichin car, same old " if I only had " :)

Back