Mivv Suono - db killers removal

Stamos

Hello to everyone,
today i received my new black steel mivv suono (which will replace the remus hexacone i had installed) but i can't figure out how to remove the db killer...
It seems that there is something like a rivet holding the baffle in place but i'm not really sure. Should i drill it out?
Please help me not to destroy my brand new can!

:sport12:

I have a MIVV Suono Carbon exhaust. I can take my db killer/silencer with some needle nose pliers. I took a picture of mine. take a look at the top left corner there are two holes that the pliers can pinch and allow you to pull it out...if its the same as mine.
Good luck.

100_0056.jpg

It looks like they changed the design or maybe your one is the road legal version. I can't see any circlip in there and yes you would have to drill the rivets out to remove the dB killer.
Just be aware that the Suono is really loud and drones a bit at cruising revs without the dB killer, it does however perform much better.

Sent from my Nexus 5

EDIT: Now that I can see the holes properly on my PC monitor, the only screw you need to remove is the front one just like Oldschool has posted below.

Last edited:
It looks like they changed the design or maybe your one is the road legal version. I can't see any circlip in there and yes you would have to drill the rivets out to remove the dB killer.
Just be aware that the Suono is really loud and drones a bit at cruising revs without the dB killer, it does however perform much better.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yes, that's what i thought, there is something different as i can't find a two-hole clip nowhere!

I guess i can reinstall the db killer after i drill the rivet out by using a 5mm allen bolt in its place...?

For my taste, the exhaust is too loud without the db killer, too bad you have to work harder at it to make the change.

Probably most of the time the db killer will be installed as i don't like too much noise but i would like to have the option to remove it sometimes!

Probably most of the time the db killer will be installed as i don't like too much noise but i would like to have the option to remove it sometimes!

I had a MIVV GP on my bike. I had to drill out the small rivet holding the insert. I found it far too loud when it was removed and replaced it shortly afterward. I used a short stainless steel nut and bolt which worked great.

You can see the nut in this picture.

the left rivet that you see through the carbon fiber is the one that you want to drill the head off of. Use a new bit and hold the other side with a needle nose pliers for best results.

Last edited:
I had a MIVV GP on my bike. I had to drill out the small rivet holding the insert. I found it far too loud when it was removed and replaced it shortly afterward. I used a short stainless steel nut and bolt which worked great.
Good idea about using the small stainless bolt.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I finally removed the insert!
At first i thought it was an easy job as it wasn't the first time i had to remove rivets but this one was really stubborn! The hole i made with the drill wasn't straight so the head couldn't be removed and since there isn't enough space to try another method i used my imagination and the good old technique, a hammer and an electricians fine screwdriver. After about one hour of stricking here is the result...

I reinstalled the insert immediately using a 5mm allen bolt and a security nut.

And finally one from the side, in my opinion the nicest looking slip on!

:beer:

μεγειες μεγειες!!!
οκ,racefit δεν ειναι αλλα τι να κανεις.....;)
κανουν βαβουρα καλη.....ετοιμασου για ιουλιο ή αυγουστο μαλλον θα κατεβω αυθημερον αθηνα για service....
να εχεις χρονο να βολταρουμε/ανταλλαξουμε εργαλεια για να δουμε τι ψαρια πιανουν η ρυθμισμενη ecu,η suono κ τελος η racefit....
αντε κ στο τελος θα σε πεισω να παρεις κ συ μια......lolup

καλοριζικια κ παλι σταμο!!!

I think they use rivets to characterize the exhaust "road legal" as ballmead said. If someone wants can remove the rivet and the insert but the exhaust won't comply with the ec regulations...
After an hour of high rev riding the nut is still in place and the nylon seems intact, but i will inspect it regurarly and if i see a problem i will replace it with a standard nut and some high temp loctite as you suggested.
Cheers!

I think they use rivets to characterize the exhaust "road legal" as ballmead said. If someone wants can remove the rivet and the insert but the exhaust won't comply with the ec regulations...
After an hour of high rev riding the nut is still in place and the nylon seems intact, but i will inspect it regurarly and if i see a problem i will replace it with a standard nut and some high temp loctite as you suggested.
Cheers!

I wouldn't worry. The stainless nut that I used was the same kind with the nylon lock ring and it was still intact when I sold the bike, many thousands of miles later.

The sound of this thing is awesome, very very deep and loud enough without the db killer (but not obnoxious at all), not so loud with the insert installed.
:D

Back