Missing alternator Oring..

My 2008 FZ1 had the rotor magnet failure a few weeks ago and I managed to source a new modified rotor on eBay for 50% list price.
I ordered the gasket and O ring for the rotor replacement, but i don't recall seeing an oring on the rotor shaft when I removed it and i can't find one in the garage.
When rebuilding the rotor shaft the Oring doesn't seem to fit correctly. The end bush has a machined angle on one face and this matches the angle on the shaft.
Has anyone done a alternator rebuild and can advise if they had this item not theirs?

Last edited:
fyi 04 r1 stator, they're the same and usually pretty cheap. i'm not sure which o ring you're referring to, could you take a picture and post it?

Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 19.36.18.png

Its item 2 in this drawing from the Workshop manual.

It just seems to fit in-between the bush and the washer. just seems weird and i can't find the original one.
The stator seems ok, checks out and doesn't have any signs of damage that will stop it working.

Last edited:
I also had alternator failure with magnet fragments everywhere. I did not see any O ring on strip down. It all fitted back together fine. Not even sure if there would be enough room for one. I'm wondering if the picture is up to date or has it been taken out now as I also see this o-ring on my Cd manual.

Back