Mirrors??

This is my first post guy/gals so be gentle. I have a 2006 Silver FZ1 with all kinds of "go fast" goodies (mostly Dale Walker stuff).

I am in the middle of doing a headlight conversion of my FZ1 to a FZ1 N and I am trying to sort out what mirrors to use...the little round bar end mirrors are kind of plain but look to be quite functional... Are there any bar mounted mirrors out there that have merit? I kind of like the Euro stock FZ1 N mirrors....

your thoughts?? your "mirror" pictures? Here's my toy at a recent track event.

FZ1atINFINEON2008smalla.jpg

I just love those "track day" photos. It looks like you know your way around the track there fella. I think I'll have to do at least one track day before I leave this planet. It looks like a hell of a lot of fun. As for the mirrors, well I am at a loss there pal. I just wanted to tell you "nice ride". Billy.

I think your not allowed to have the mirrors on at the track. The danger of glass fragments in the event of a crash. I am not sure if they let you keep the mirrors on and have to tape them off, or have you remove them totally. I know the turn signals could just be taped off.

Check out PJ's Part. They carry Rizoma stuff that is pretty cool, all kinds of nice bits for FZ1s.

PJs Parts

As far as mirrors on the track it all depends on the school. You at least have to tape them over, most folks remove them because they are in the way of your line of sight.

When I prep my bike for the track I end up removing about 18 lbs of junk; kick stand, center stand, turn signals, mirrors, passenger pegs, etc, etc.

for most track days you have to either remove the mirrors or tape them off...the FZ1 is a rear fun bike but the reality is that it is not a terrific track bike. The FZ1 maybe the step brother to the R1 however it does not respond like it's older sibling when it comes to the track.... and at 47 years old I still love to ride hard on the track.

I had purchased a set of Rizoma's for my Tuono which looked fantastic but they were $150 each. I am hoping for some direction that would lead me and maybe all of us to some style and cost savings at the same time.

The headlight conversion from the FZ1 to the FZ1-N removes the half fairing; including the mirrors. I am looking for either bar end or "on the bar" mirrors to maintain the look.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:
Hi Spondon, did you make any modifications to the bike to make it better on the track, like footpegs, center stand, suspension settings etc?

I think your not allowed to have the mirrors on at the track. The danger of glass fragments in the event of a crash. I am not sure if they let you keep the mirrors on and have to tape them off, or have you remove them totally. I know the turn signals could just be taped off.

Spondon - looking good dude!!

In the UK you can track with your mirrors on but the main point is that you should be concerned only with what is in front of you. Not what is behind you. Much safer that way! I just tape my mirrors up - which is a bit lazy as you should really remove them. Less bits to replace should you spill! I just turn up, tape a few bits up and ride!!

Most important, of course, is to attach a video camera to your bike. (see rear of bike on enclosed pic!)

Cheers!

Simon

Back