Mirrors

I had the Rizoma Reverse retro but I like my CRG Arrow much better
rizoma%252520010.JPG

They are... but for a price haha any cheaper good looking ones?
Ebay is overrun with a number of Chinese made bar end mirrors including a knock off of the Rizoma reverse retros. I paid $70 shipped for my set and it included bar ends to mount the mirrors. Quality is top notch.
EastonExp4.jpg

I use knock off CRG style bar end mirrors. It was like $20 shipped for the set. I can see behind/beside WAY better, and it cleaned up the air flow coming from the front.

Has anyone put on 03-05 FJR mirrors on an 06+ FZ1? I know that they go the other way around, but I'm wondering if the shorter FJR mirrors would improve rear view sight (like the racing mirrors offered by Magical Racing)?
All I see in my stock mirrors are 50% elbows, 50% not-much...
Any other option over the stock POSs?

I saw that fz1 usa rider love that little mirrors at the end of handlebar.. A Must on naked fz1! In italy are rare and sincerely I don't like it very much.. Anyway,like great parts of my special parts,mirror's hunt was quite difficult,looking for something special from hundred and hundred of stuff.. But when I saw rizoma products I fall in love.. But one rizoma mirror cost twice of a couple of other good mirrors.. I remember a day on a friend's harley customize garage..I ask him if can find rizoma with discount and he seed: ''My part on a rizoma sale is very very little..smaller than any other marks that I sale..but if you just see rizoma you never find another stuff that you like as it..'' and was true.. At the end buyed rizoma radial naked gold and black and I like it like first day! Anti reflex screen,great building and at 160km/h you can see back perfect with no vibrations! Really another level..

Ebay is overrun with a number of Chinese made bar end mirrors including a knock off of the Rizoma reverse retros. I paid $70 shipped for my set and it included bar ends to mount the mirrors. Quality is top notch.
EastonExp4.jpg

Are you happy with the position/view with these and would you say they are better same or worse as far as how/what you see compared to the stockers?

Thanks,

Stock mirrors offered a better view for me but these work well enough. With the bar end mirrors, the view is completely unobstructed but the mirror surface is smaller and farther away reducing the view quality some . . . I have a CopperDawg speed screen on the bike and with the screen and the relocated mirrors the wind buffeting of the stock setup is gone. I would venture to say that the stock mirrors are the biggest culprit with the buffeting. Have fun!

EastonExp4.jpg

I have the same ones but removed them as I found the stockers more functional. Call me lazy but with the stockers and blindspot mirrors I don't need to look over my shoulders 90% of the time.

ebay knockoff quality is top notch though!

I wanted to switch from the stock mirrors too. I first tried the pig spotters that look like this (didnt take a pic on my bike, sry):

pig-spotters-yamaha-r1-aftermarket-black-led-pig-spotter-16.jpg

But while i thought the looked great, they were absolutely worthless as mirrors. I couldnt see anything at all. Then i picked up aftermarket R1 mirrors on ebay. They were called aluminum racing mirrors or something like that, and were only $40. They look like this:

main.php

They don't stick out as much, but with my riding position they are a good balance of looks and size, and i can position them so i can actually see clearly enough with them. Visibility definitely is still not as good as the stock mirrors though.

The stock Yamaha's are the best mirrors I've had to date regarding visibility. The turbulence they create is maddening. For some reason I just can't get on board with bar end mirrors. I'm at the point of going with blindspot mirrors on my inner fairing and resorting to always looking over my shoulder..

The stock Yamaha's are the best mirrors I've had to date regarding visibility. The turbulence they create is maddening. For some reason I just can't get on board with bar end mirrors. I'm at the point of going with blindspot mirrors on my inner fairing and resorting to always looking over my shoulder..

I like the look of bar ends, but they would suck for lane splitting. That's half the reason i wanted smaller mirrors, so i could make tighter squeezes through traffic. The darned stock ones were at the right height and width for far too many minivan and SUV mirrors :)

I like the look of bar ends, but they would suck for lane splitting. That's half the reason i wanted smaller mirrors, so i could make tighter squeezes through traffic. The darned stock ones were at the right height and width for far too many minivan and SUV mirrors :)

The pictured Rizoma knock offs that I have on my bike don't add to the width of the handlebar when they are mounted like I have. You could mount them with the mirrors extending outward but they work well enough as pictured.

PS I noticed the Ride It ad at the top of the web page while reading this thread. Thats actually the place I ordered the Rizoma knock offs from rather than Ebay. They are now $79 shipped and include bar ends for mounting. . . .http://www.rideitmoto.com/products_list1.php?id=4

Last edited:
Back