Mileage on Gen 1

markowinnipeg

I own a 2001 FZ1 which has been my baby since new, my question is how many miles can I expect from this bike? It has 32,000 Km on it now and I just moved outside the city so will be putting on average 10,000 km per year. The bike has only ever seen Motol full syn oil and has Ivans jet kit, Yoshi slip on and been geared down. The reason I am asking is I love this bike but if it only has a couple more years of life then might consider trading it in while I can still get a good buck. I imagine a rebuild has to be around the 5K range?
Thanks for your help

some members currently have excess of 80,000 miles -- some have even reported over 100k.

And this mileage is just burning the superslab either....but carving up anything the road can dish out....

As long as you keep up with the required maintenance, you should be good to go for many km's to come....

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome Marko, nice to have you along. I'm figuring that you have just under 20,000 miles on the odometer. As Adam said, if you averaged 10,000 miles a year which is alot, you'd still have another 8 or 9 years to go to catch up to many guys on both forums. Just stick to your scheduled maintenance and enjoy many many years with your FZ.

P.S. And ya don't need to "baby" it either!:Rockon:

Thanks I cannot believe it has only taken me 9 years to find this site, I guess I spend to much time on snowmobile forms. Anyways that was the answer I was hoping to hear as honestly cept for say a new R1 I have not ridden a bike a like more. I have done pretty much everything that was noted on Pat's motorcycle page to this bike so now time to ride.

I purchased my 2005 GEN1 in July of last year, I have put a little over 15000 miles on it (yeas that's fifteen thousand, not a typo) since purchase and the only thing I have done is oil changes, tires and brakes. I haven't had one issue with it.

Back