Mighty Text Android App - Possibly Greatest App of all Time

This is EXACTLY what I have been hoping someone would dream up! This is the Beta version but it is smooth as of day one. I LOVE this thing!!!! :wow::woot::woot::wow::woot:

MightyText - Send & Receive SMS Text Messages from Computer | Android Sync

In a nutshell - it allows you to type your text messages from your computer to your cell phone. It is awesome-ness!!!!
OK - some of you may think this is no big deal but if you know me - you know I am possibly the world's worst texter. Misspelled words, no punctuation, slow responses - you name it - I suck at it. HOWEVER, I can type OK. Now this app allows me to keep up with everyone who has gone text crazy and they have blazing fingers.
So I have been using this thing all night and I am psyched!!!! My GF and several friends who texted me all commented about how my texting improved. This is great!!! For those of you who are badass texters - go ahead and roll your eyes - for those of you who are finger impaired like me - This is the app for you because in this day and age lets face it - you have to text. And texting in moderation is perfect for me - it's the ongoing conversations that kill me........ UNTIL NOW lolup:cloud9::cheerleader:

This is a rather odd thread.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Too many cervezas after I finished the project. LOL Accidently combined 2 threads.. HAHAHA Well I guess that was efficient :shine:
I started a new thread with the update of the dirt bike. :D I still think the Mighty Text is awesome!

Last edited:
Use whichever you would like - I have been on Google Voice for about 2 years and I have to say I like Mighty Text better. To argue which is better is about like arguing PC vs Mac, Eva vs Eva, etc.
Whichever one you chose - one HUGE advantage is battery life of your phone. I have a Galaxy S2 and it's a awesome phone but like all rechargeable batteries, the life starts to decline the more I use it. In fact, I have a hard time working a 12 hr shift without hitting the recharger. Mighty Text (and yes GV) allow me 2 HUGE advantages. It saves all kinds of battery life on my cellphone and it also allows me to check my texts without taking my eyes off the computer screen. A small thing to some people but it's handy. I don't have to stop what I'm doing and pick up my cell and scroll through the options to send a text. With MT - it's only one mouse click away. That is convenient.

I saw a review of the app, it's honestly great. I used to just sit on my computer and text them via an instant messenger (I used to spend a lot of time playing Everquest 1, 2, and even World of Warcraft among other games) so it was nice to just move my mouse over to another monitor (I run three monitors) and type instead of having to pick up my phone, put in my unlock code, open up my SMS and reply on a Black Berry keyboard or now a on screen keyboard. I will give this app a try when it gets closer to winter time and I start gaming again.

Back