Midsouth Motoplex!!!! Word of mouth HURTS!!!!

Phil_RC_1

To make this as short as possible, I'm going to leave out the whole long boring story and try to focus on the pertinent facts. I took my bike to these guys to diagnose an engine noise.

1) The service guy (PJ,,, BJ,,,??) said he heard no noise, when it was very obviously making a knocking/pinging noise. And he said it 2 or 3 times, "I don't hear any noise".

2) He said it was my air cleaner making the noise. Now, I thought he heard no noise? An air cleaner making a rod-knocking sound,,, REALLY!!!! D***A$$!!!

3) He said that he had spoken to me when I bought my bike there. I said he did not, he said he did to, I said he did not, He said he did to,,,,etc. etc. ,,,,, I finally quit this exercise in futility when I started having flashbacks from the third grade but he (PJ) kept going with it and got the last "Did to". Basically, calling me a liar.

I guess he didn't want to do his job and work on my bike!!!! More went on that day, and I determined that since they are so close, that I would only use them as it suited me, for minor things that are cheap and hard to screw-up like mounting tires washing my bike and showroom shopping,, but never buying!!. Between me and my wife, we have bought 7 bikes and 2 quads since then, 4 new, 5 used, and NONE of them came from Midsouth Motoplex!! How much did this ordeal cost the dealer?????

Other times that I have been in the service dept.

1) I saw the service guy in an argument with a customer that had brought his bike to them to be painted RED,,,, I saw the bike and it was HOT PINK,, not red, the customer was livid and the service guy was like "That's the color you paid for" live with it. To be honest, I don't know how this finally worked out but I did witness 30 minutes of the argument in person, as well as the other 5 customers in the Service lobby that day.

2) I took my daughters scooter tire to them to mount and balnce a new tire on the wheel. I got it home,,, no wheel weights on it,,,, vibrated bad. I took it back,,, they said the stick-on wheel weights must have fallen off (before I had even mounted it back on the bike! Yeah Right!!) Anyway, they rebalanced it, this time it had a ton of weights on it. Lazy mech, is all I can think,,, they charged me for a MOUNT and BALANCE, I assume they thought this was on a tiny scooter and wouldn't matter if it was balanced or not,, but were more then willing to charge me for it,,, and waste my time to install the tire and then have to bring it back to them.

Bottom line,,, beware of Midsouth Motoplex and PJ. If you do have work done there Double and triple check them and don't let them off the hook.

BTW: Their parts are typically priced ABOVE MSRP. If you're buying chain lube etc. etc. you'll save a tone of $$ going to another dealer or shop in the area.

This has been my experience with Midsouth Motoplex.

WORD OF MOUTH HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back