Mid January Ride (Eastern Canada)

GraniteGray

We've had no snow at all this winter, so far, over here on the Northeast side of the Avalon Peninsula, but since the weather forecast suggests that's all about to change tomorrow, I figured I had better get in another scoot along the coastal roads on my FZ1. It was only 1 degree Celsius, but it felt much warmer, thanks to the bright sunshine.

There was no chance to get my knee down, thanks to all the sand and gravel around, and the low angle of the sun, but it sure was fun, anyhow. And I finally had a chance to test the new camera boom I fabbed up over the holidays. Seemed to work well, and should only need a few tweeks and some fine tuning.

Here's a few captured snaps off the GoPro HD, and a short video from the ride...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og1uuTtFVjI]YouTube - MidJanuaryMotorcycleRide[/ame]

FZ1Winter01.jpg

FZ1Winter02.jpg

FZ1Winter03.jpg

FZ1Winter04.jpg

FZ1Winter05.jpg

FZ1Winter06.jpg

Interesting angle. :tup: It looks like it sticks the camera out pretty far as seen from the shadows and how you gingerly brought your leg up over the bike, as not to hit the camera mount.

I mostly enjoyed the right hand turns where the camera was inching closer to the ground and the ocean views. I am living vicariously through your video until spring hits. Damn, this feels like one of the longest winters ever. :(

I would like to see the camera boom that you fabricated.

It looks like it sticks the camera out pretty far as seen from the shadows and how you gingerly brought your leg up over the bike, as not to hit the camera mount.

Glad you enjoyed the clip, guys.

The boom is roughly 20 inches long. I attached it to my right side passenger footpeg, so it sticks out about 15 inches beyond the exhauast can. I fabbed it up from a piece of chrome microphone stand, and adapted the GoPro mounting hardware to mount the camera on the end of the boom, and perpendicular to the ground. I'll take a photo of it and post that later, but it's nothing special, really.

Sure has been an interesting winter on the rock this year.

Yep. The very next day after I shot that video footage, we had over a foot of snow, here in the St. John's area.

Back