Micron Moto GP Serpent Full Exhaust

mgosset1

Decided to keep the headers for the bike and took to the Yamaha house for them to install it....Bike already has the Micron muffler on it...too lazy to do that myself....After the install they tell me it will not run good without power commander and quoted me a big fat price including mapping and dyno....To me Optimum performance spells MONEY......I don't need it perfect...just trying to keep up with the B-King's....lol....My question is, don't the power commanders have three initial map settings you can use without all the dyno programming....should that be sufficiant for street use....2006 FZ1

could i not just get a Cobra Digital Fuel Processor and be done with it...no mapping and all that crap....a lot cheaper....not doing any track runs over here....

That costs over 500 dollars, a brand new PC3 is 250...you can pick up used ones for 125...and then use a map from where we linked you too....that's cheaper and more options

and I didn't see the FZ1 on the list of compatible bikes

i would assume the Fi2000R for yamaha digital fuel processor would work that for the r1 engine; they run 250.00 max....

Last edited:
micron serpent exhaust headers

getting my bike out of the shop fri. morning.....579.00 out the door from Jim Sabin Performance Center in Dallas.....header install with new gaskets, power commander 3 with custom map.....not a bad price.....
the bike was at the yamaha house here in Irving, Tx.. they told me average cost would be around 900 out the door...ripoffs....i went and got my bike back...told them no thanks....found Jim Sabin Performance Center and checked him out....lot of good talk about this guy.....he called earlier and put it on the dyno without the power commander on the bike...but with headers installed..it gained 8 hp. on low end....but only 2 hp. on the top end....and was backfiring a little on decel......lol....i bet it was....

getting my bike out of the shop fri. morning.....579.00 out the door from Jim Sabin Performance Center in Dallas.....header install with new gaskets, power commander 3 with custom map.....not a bad price.....
the bike was at the yamaha house here in Irving, Tx.. they told me average cost would be around 900 out the door...ripoffs....i went and got my bike back...told them no thanks....found Jim Sabin Performance Center and checked him out....lot of good talk about this guy.....he called earlier and put it on the dyno without the power commander on the bike...but with headers installed..it gained 8 hp. on low end....but only 2 hp. on the top end....and was backfiring a little on decel......lol....i bet it was....

Well let's see how much better it will be with the PC III in there. The full length headers definitely make their biggest gains in the mid-range due to the longer primary tubes. You might want to block off the AIS ;)

that is the only reason i am having a power commander 111 put on the bike is to take out the popping...without plugging AIS.....should not have to do any blocking it tuned properly after installation and mapping....we will see Fri....

that is the only reason i am having a power commander 111 put on the bike is to take out the popping...without plugging AIS.....should not have to do any blocking it tuned properly after installation and mapping....we will see Fri....

Even if tuned properly there will still be popping. The PC III will not prevent the AIS from functioning and therefore it (AIS) will still be able inject additional air into the exhaust.

Even if tuned properly there will still be popping. The PC III will not prevent the AIS from functioning and therefore it (AIS) will still be able inject additional air into the exhaust.

Other than stopping the popping is there any other benefits to blooking off the AIS? Do you also need to disconnect the AIS or anything associated with the AIS?

fellas this thread as been discussed endlessly on this forum....you set the power commander up right and you won't have any spent fuel to burn....bike won't be running so rich as if you had headers without the commander....this guy doing my bike has been doing this for 20 years....AIS does not have to come off...my next project will be velocity stacks; afterward i will take it back to him and re map for them also....

fellas this thread as been discussed endlessly on this forum....you set the power commander up right and you won't have any spent fuel to burn....bike won't be running so rich as if you had headers without the commander....this guy doing my bike has been doing this for 20 years....AIS does not have to come off...my next project will be velocity stacks; afterward i will take it back to him and re map for them also....

It will still pop no matter how good the tune is.
The ecu dumps air into the exhaust to burn off any excess fuel.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

This should be interesting :gaming:

just got the bike back today...man does it sound good...got a custom map for it...no complaints....does still pop a little but not bad enough to mess with..sob is plenty loud....lol...!!!!....gonna leave the AIS hooked up......bike is running great....

Back