Micron Exhaust

Adrenaline Junkie

Is anyone here running the Micron GP hydro formed exhaust? If so, how do you like it and how much did it cost. I can't seem to find a price for it on their web site. I can find pricing for all kinds of variations for Gen I bikes but nothing, price wise, for the Gen II.

I've seen a couple of U-Tube videos and it seems to have a more throaty or low pitched (and plenty loud) sound....I like that.

Roy

CrazyBiker is running the full Micron system. He used to have just the slip-on for sale (he had that first then bought a full system and sold the NIB slip-on that came with the full). I believe he did sell it though.

Rumor is that they aren't making the Hydra systems and the design/rights are owned by Leo Vince now? Hence the LV look-alike? They only list ovals now that I can find.

FWIW, I just sent them an e-mail using their contact form inquiring about the GP (serpent) design. They list it with a link to the pricing but then the price list shows onlt their ovel cans???

I'll post what they reply with... ;)

I called the USA distributor. No longer available as Micron is out of business. I had heard they were out of business but since I found a web site thoughtthey must be back in business.

I was wrong.

Back to U-tube. The Mivv doesn't sound bad.

Roy

Fast reply! Here's what came back:

Annitori Distributing said:
Eric:

Wish we could help, but Micron Exhausts UK went out of business almost 2
years ago, and all the GP's for your machine are sold out...

Sorry, how about some HM Quickshifters for your machines? :)

Annitori Distributing
Annitori -- MICRON
Toll Free: 1-888-963-1212

I have a full micron GP system, it came with the bike when I bought it. The can is tiny and only weights about 1.5kg, there doesn't seem to be any wadding at all inside.
It sounds great and if you can get hold of one buy it you won't be disapointed.

You know just as a curiosity, I was polishing my Delkevic can on the polishing buffer I have, I had taken it off the bike to do so, and by the way it came out like a mirror, but while I had it off I thought I'd start the bike to see what it sounded like.... I dare the rest of you to try to avoid the temptation.... anyway as I would 'blip' the throttle it would 'instantly' fling the tach needle, I mean twice as fast as muffled. Makes me wonder what the acceleration would be like running open exhaust??? of course as soon as I shut it off I stuffed a blue shop towel in the pipe so's not to warp anything....but it made me wonder....:)

Back