Michelin Pilot Power 3

I run road2s on my fz1 as i mostly do longer rides on it but when i do push it i never have a problem with them they grip well even with the throttle wide open in the first 2 gears in the corners and im getting good mileage out of them. On my zx10r i run pilot power 2cts i just cant trust a sport touring tire to handle 160hp, mileage sucks on them 4000 kms out of a rear so i have been interested in the 3s but there more than 100 dollers more a set here locally as the dealers bought the power 2s in bulk

The PP3's are definitely a fun tire. My first rear I got about 4,000 miles out of before I was going on a long trip and replaced it rather than getting stuck in the middle of nowhere. The front scalloped around 3500-4000 miles and for a couple thousand miles it was a little weak on traction, then it evened back out from wear and is about 8,000 miles in, now down to the wear bars. The second rear has about 4,000 miles on it and about 2mm down to the wear bars. I'm hoping to get another 1,000 to maybe 1,500 before I replaces. During the first 3,000 miles traction is great. However, here in AZ the heat or maybe the roads were just melting but the last 1,000 miles traction started to feel a little slick.

You must be an amazing rider to have the throttle wide open in a corner in first or second. I can only get on WTFO after I was standing the bike up on the way out of the corner. I still felt like the PR2 was breaking traction more so than the PP3's ever did in those situations, with less feed back.

Back