Mexico fuel octane question.

I was just wondering if anyone knows the fuelquality or octane of the gas in baja mexico. I'm planning on doing some rides down there soon and just want to make sure the gas is safe to put in my fz1. Thanks

Thousands of adventure travelers have used the it without issues. If you feel that you need more octane, you could always take some booster with you.

Even with IVANS reflashed ECU, I have never had a problem running the cheapest 87 octane in my 07.

If you get it from a Pemex station you should be fine, they have Premium. If you end up in some out of the way place and buy barrel gas out of the back of a old truck, then you might want to have a water/gas filter with you (and octane boost), otherwise no worries.

Way back in 1989 I bought a 1970 Suburban from widow in Phoenix. When I first filled it up I went into the 7-11 to get a drink. The cleck says, "Is that your 'Burb?" Yup. "You're at 60 gallons." Huh?

Turns out the old guy had a 100 gallon fuel tank made for his trips to Baja. The gas, back in the '70's was terrible. Today it is somewhat better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Back