Metzeler Z8 set on the way

I did a bit of research and based on general consensus, Z8(s) last as long as Pilot Road(s), grip as well or better in dry and wet AND have been proven to grip better on the track, which is why I just ordered a set to replace my aging Pilot Road 2CT set.

I can easily squeeze more street miles out of my current set, but it's questionable for track use. I have approximately 12.5k miles on my Pilot Roads and tread still looks good (at least 1/16" before rear gets to the wear bars).

Hellgate will be pleased! ;)

I look forward to your review. How much was a set?

More importantly, I better be pleased :D

The set was $350 shipped (confirmed with the store that they never allow tires to sit for more than 6 months). $70 more than for the PR2 set.

I'm leaning towards the Angel GT based off what I have read online. I have been happy with every Pirelli tire I have ever used, too

Keen to read a road report once you give them a run. They reckon the Pirelli Angel GTs are good too.

I use the Pirelli Angel GTs and can confirm they are much better than PR3. I used 2 complete sets of PR3s and 1 set of Pirelli Angel GTs. The GTs are slightly better in rain or running over wet patches compared to the PR3. In dry conditions they outperform the PR3 by far, much higher precision, faster turning, absolute neutral in all leaning angles. Lifetime of the Angel is a bit lower 7.5-8k compared to 9-10k but they were only 280$ compared to 340$ fro the PR3.

I would not use the GTs for the track, they keep better up compared PR3 when spriting riding for some hours. However on the track my BT16Pro got considerable worse in the later sessions so I would not try any sport touring tire on the track.

First ride on Z8s, this morning:

So nice to once again have a bike which actually leans over as you countersteer, instead of fighting you! :thumbup:

I love that feeling whenever I go from used up tires to brand new ones. Really doesn't matter how good the new tires are.. it's the smooth rounded profile which makes all the difference.

Obviously can't really compare these to Pilot Road 2s yet, but I can tell you that nothing felt weird or sketchy on the first ride, so that's a good thing :D

Back