Mesh jackets what's your recommendation?

joker80

I was thinking about getting a mesh jacket for the insanely hot/humid weather here is SC. I have a nice tourmaster textile but it has become unbareable the last week or so. I wanted to know if any of you guys have any input... safety,comfort,quality,ect?

I am also in the market for a mesh jacket and was considering the Tourmaster Air Intake 2 mesh jacket. However, I'm waiting to hear more feedback from Pete (Hellgate) regarding his recently purchased REV'IT! Air Jacket. Price wise they are both more or less the same, but the REV'IT! might be a better fit for me.

Textile, but Scorpion Burnout -- had mine for two years and Brad (Haileyan) just picked up one on closeout.

good venting and a bit more piece of mind.....ride with backpack and minimal sweat production (providng I'm not in standstill traffic)

I had a mesh jacket once... caught a june bug at 70 mph... went right through the mesh... that was the last time I wore a mesh jacket... never again... now I ride in either my perforated fieldsheer 2pc leather suit or my Teknic 2 piece textile suit with the vents open....

^^^ That is one of the reasons I bought the Rev'It jacket, the mesh is much finer than most jackets and the bug splatter doesn't look like it will pass through.

I'm planning on ridding this Sunday in the good 'ole Texas heat. I'll write a report on how it goes. I'm also testing a pair of Alpine Star SMX-2 A mesh/leather gloves. To date I've only use leather gauntlet racing gloves; this time of year they are simply too hot. My only concern is that during an off the sleave of my jacket could ride up exposing my forearm. That said the Rev'It jacket fits very close, like a second skin, so everything should stay in place. I wanted a snugger fitting jacket to ensure the armor stays in place. With my current Buell gear the armor is very good, but the clothing is too loose.

I own a Tourmaster Air Intake 2 mesh jacket and really like it. I also own a Tourmaster leather jacket. For me their stuff fits better and is really well made.

Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket makes high quality, comfortable mesh jackets. I have two of them (both pictured). I have had no problems with them. Very breathable jackets. They come with removable back and elbow pads and a full liner. I have never worn them with the liners in; I only wear them in the summer, and it's hot down here in AL. I wear a HD leather jacket in the cooler weather.

I own a Tourmaster Air Intake 2 mesh jacket and really like it. I also own a Tourmaster leather jacket. For me their stuff fits better and is really well made.

:tup:

I also own this jacket. For the price with the two liners, it's not really beatable.

It was 110 degrees the other day, still wore it. Just an FYI.

^^^ That is one of the reasons I bought the Rev'It jacket, the mesh is much finer than most jackets and the bug splatter doesn't look like it will pass through.

Just to be clear... I wasn't talking about the June Bug's juices coming through the holes in the mesh... The entire June Bug tore through the mesh.... as in ripped a hole through it...

But... I don't think anyone here actually thinks that mesh is protective in any other spots than the spots with CE Armor.... the mesh itself affords zero protection in the event of a fall.

Just to be clear... I wasn't talking about the June Bug's juices coming through the holes in the mesh... The entire June Bug tore through the mesh.... as in ripped a hole through it...

But... I don't think anyone here actually thinks that mesh is protective in any other spots than the spots with CE Armor.... the mesh itself affords zero protection in the event of a fall.

Sounds like a crappy jacket to begin with.

Love my Tourmaster mesh jacket. It's awesome, mostly because I can add the waterproof, and/or thermal liner when I need it. With both of these on it gets incredibly warm. But with just the jacket, it's like I have no jacket on at all in terms of breathing. But so far, I've needed just the one jacket for summer or winter riding.

I'm not sure what concerns there are with bug splatter - first, there's a liner inside to reduce the flow-through of guts, but mostly, I really don't care if I get some bug splatter on/in my jacket. I don't commute to work, so I'm not too concerned about my tee-shirt's appearance.

I have had a fall/roll, granted in the grass, but the CE armor did a helluva job. I had one slow-speed fall on the street and got a little scuffing on an elbow. And I usually leave the bug splatter on ;)

In Houston, where it's mid-upper 90's or more in summer, I wouldn't ride with anything else - you just have to have the ventilation.

I'm extremely happy with the Cortech quality and durability.

:cheers:

I live in FL. VERY hot here. Ventilation is a must. I have changed my views on all non-leather materials after discovering what happens to these materials in a crash. Plain and simple, they melt into your flesh. Impact resistance is good in the armor, but in a slide... A little more sweat VS. a wire brush on raw flesh embedded with glorified plastic. Your choice.

Well the Rev'It Air jacket is outstanding! Very good ventelation, very comfortable. I'm very pleased with the purchase.

I did find that Jake Wilson sells them so the $20.00 code will work. That brings the price down to $169.00 with free shipping, and tax free outside of Utah. I found that the trick with Jake is to order items indvidually and apply the discount to each item.

Back