Mechanics Chair - Amazing!

it's... interesting... but I think they'd have a better response on their campaign if they had better incentives (look at incentives on any other public crowdsourcing capital venture) .. and, if they listed what the price will be for the finished product.

For the incentives, one possible winner of the product isn't going to get a lot of people to donate. People want t-shirts, stickers, stupid stuff. Also, once a price on an item is determined, it'll open up new incentives. I've helped out with quite a few Kickstarter projects that I was interested in, purely for the incentives. For instance, lets say this thing will sell for $500. Well, typically in any other campaign, a donation of $460 would get one of the first production units. As it is, what do I get for any possible investment? Nothing.

The price for the finished product is so important because this is a device marketed to the DIY mechanic. Someone who makes their living as a mechanic has a Rotary two post lift. For $1200-$2k you can have a very nice hydraulic two post lift with a rather high weight capacity. For $3600, you can have a two post lift with a 10,000lb weight capacity.

For this product to be marketable, it needs to be in the $250 or less range.... So, as a potential investor, I'd want to know if they plan on selling it for $1200. If so, my money, that I got nothing for in return, would have been completely wasted on a company that will never sell their product because they've priced themselves too high.

it doesnt go low enough really so if you have a shop with a lift sure but a normal car on jackstands you will be too close very nice concept and if i did more car work i would get one... maybe

Very nice!

The trouble I see - like the creeper I already have - you must have very smooth floors - and no cracks or concrete seams. Pitted concrete, cracks, seams really stop a creeper.
And that smooth floor had better be very clean - no debris. Would jam up the wheels the same way. So don't be dropping anything at all on the floor or this little guy will stumble on it.

But it is a very nice design.

Back