Marco Simoncelli

RIP Marco, a true racer, rough around the edges and all round good dude:thewave:. He lived life in the fast lane and unfortunately lost his life doing what he loves. My thoughts also for Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi this must be one of the worst feelings.

SuperSic.jpg

I remember before the race started the commentators remarked that Marco was the only rider to have a hard rear tyre everyone else was on the softer compound which would give you an advantage in the first half of the race. looking at the accident in slow motion the rear looses grip then re-grips, Marco was pushing hard to maintain track position and keep in touch but unfortunately he probably didn't have the grip from the rear and was pushing too hard in the first 2 laps. Obviously there are a few different factors to this accident but i can help thinking that tyres may have played a part, also the fact his helmet come off raises questions how and why?. I really feel sorry for Valentino and Colin this must be your worst nightmare, i just hope this isnt the end and they hang there leathers up. With all the rider electronic aids available in Motogp are they really making the sport safer?, look at the Motogp paddock and see how many riders are injured or riding injured, crazy stuff ha.

Last edited:
On the FZ6 side, we have been asked to changed our avartars for 1 week, as a sign of respect.
Thought I'd just toss it up over here.

godspeed Marco. :cry:

I pulled this off of F.B. today and thought I'd post it here. It's a small tribute to Marco which highlights his 2011 season.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpOsxTNteQQ&feature=player_embedded]Marco Simoncelli highlights of 2011 | RIP 1987-2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Back