Mapping Software

I'm curious if anyone knows of any decent mapping software available. I am so fustrated with Mapquest. I can't seem to plot my own routes easily with Mapquest. It may be that I'm doing something wrong. Also now when you try and print out the maps, you never have what you originally wanted to print. I choose a section of my route that I want to print, yet when it comes out it's only a portion of what I wanted. It's driving me nuts. Maybe someone here uses a different program. I would appreciate if you let me in on it!

PC Miler

I use PC Miler software at work for calculating truck routing. Very good but pricey software. They may make a introductory version. Just Google them.

P.S. Click on the "My Maps" option on the left side of the initial google maps screen. There is a video tutorial you can watch on building your own maps.

Bing Maps

Also, take a look at Bing Maps. You can build a route by adding destinations, and the 3D option (w/ free download from Microsoft) is a cool feature. It also lists landmarks and businesses to look for along the way. I started using it when one of the guys in my local riding club mentioned it was the only map site he had found that had been updated to include his new subdivision.

Also, take a look at Bing Maps. You can build a route by adding destinations, and the 3D option (w/ free download from Microsoft) is a cool feature. It also lists landmarks and businesses to look for along the way. I started using it when one of the guys in my local riding club mentioned it was the only map site he had found that had been updated to include his new subdivision.

I have not looked at Bing maps yet. I hated the searching so I never delved any further. Thanks! I will check it out!

Back