Map feedback

bikerwayne

Hey guys,
I just installed Copper Dawg flies and upoaded the Whittlebeast Stage III smoothed map. Are any of you guys running this map? What do you think of it? The weather here sucks right now so I haven't had a chance to road test it. Also, I noticed that ALL the "tuner" maps are for FCE equiped bikes. Will the work on bikes without FCE? Thank for the help guys. This ite is a great resource for me, I wouldn't have known where to start without it.
Wayne

Sorry Wayne, I'm running carbs and don't know too much about all this electronic stuff on the GenII's. I do know that Whittlebeast has some great Maps and many guys from the "other" site use them. Someone will help you out soon.

Ivan only provides maps to his customers. I'm not one. I live on an island with no dyno tuners. I'm stuck using internet maps.....not the bet senario.

I think you're probably fine. I've looked at the Duken map pack from the other place, and what is in the Stage, I, II, III etc. buckets are pretty much the same. They're really not more that a few points from one another in the various ranges of the map.

I've not seen the specific map you mentioned but I've seen about 10 different custom ones, for the most part they are fairly similar.

Yeah...I'm on both sites and I'm starting to ge the posts mixed up. I'm sure this should have been in th other forum.....oppps.

As a side note, I really don't think Dynojet is doing enough providing maps seeing how much the tuner costs.

Unless you need to squeeze 10ths or 100ths of a second out of your lap times I do not think a dyno tune is necessary. Try all the maps you can find. Pick the one that feels the best to you.

Yeah...I'm on both sites and I'm starting to ge the posts mixed up. I'm sure this should have been in th other forum.....oppps.

As a side note, I really don't think Dynojet is doing enough providing maps seeing how much the tuner costs.

Remember that DJ is creating maps from guys who drop their bikes off in Las Vegas. They tend to be rather fat as they are making a genaric map that work for most riders.

The beauty of a custom map is that its created just for your bike. Now the key is finding a good tuner.

I've tried genaric maps and they are ok...custom maps are usually killer, and it isn't just power, but it's also the quality of the throttle. If you've got a good tuner all you need is a good pipe, PCIII/V and that is it. IMO the rest is noise from the aftermarket.

Back