Manual Headlight switch

Maybe it the PIAA bulbs I use but it's happened a few times.

Back when Halgens first came out I installed one in my Suzuki GS750. Loved it until one day I started the bike and the bulb popped (yes this was when the manadtory lights on was in force, 1976). Bought another bulb and it popped too. Turned out that the battery electrolite level was low so the alternator was kicking out some high amps which fried the bulbs. Filled the battery and all was well.

Just guessing

Back when Halgens first came out I installed one in my Suzuki GS750. Loved it until one day I started the bike and the bulb popped (yes this was when the manadtory lights on was in force, 1976). Bought another bulb and it popped too. Turned out that the battery electrolite level was low so the alternator was kicking out some high amps which fried the bulbs. Filled the battery and all was well.

If it was happening on start up I would definitely check that, but the bike also runs a sealed battery that tests good. I just happened to have the skid plate off and checked the battery yesterday (yep that's where it is, under the front of the engine). It could actually be the switch itself that is killing headlight bulbs, who knows. The jolts running off road seemed to make more sense though. That is why HIDs were invented, because off-road rally machines would kill normal headlights in rough conditions from breaking the filiments.

Childish.
You need to pick your battles more wisely.
I have nothing against not wanting choices made for you, however hours upon hours of research and time and money are spent to come up with good ideas to save lives because they know somewhere out there is a person of a lesser mind wanting to go against the grain. Good luck.
Take your tail light off too. Im sure the argument will uphold that you didn’t think anyone would be behind you when you hit the car that pulls out in front of you..
Go with square wheels that makes more sence.
:bowdown:

:surrender: ok I give up I must be a rebel without a cause for purely wanting to make my own decisions.
Sorry if my views have upset anyone, but they are my views.
I have not been disrespectful to anyone ( I hope). So I really dont appreciate the sarcasm.
You have your views and I honestly respect them. I didnt come onto the forum to cause an arguement but merely to gleen some information and have a bit of banter with folk.
Anyway the replacement switch has been ordered. Please dont inform the authorities of this terrible act they might raid my house and seize the bike:rolleyes:
Joking aside Earlzach I am not some rebel who doesnt listen to sense, quite the opposite.
I want to live a long life with the minimal amount of pain and as such do listen and act on good advice. No hard feelings. Have a beer on me .:icon_beer:

Sorry for the sarcasm.

I have a hang up a bit when safety is thrown by the waist side.

Killing the head light for off road reasons would be one thing but making yourself harder to see or judge distance of approach made no sence. A motorcycle can impale a car or truck killing the people in them. A child as well.
I dont always just think of its my life. I think about the lives of those I may hit.

Dont feel over governed by the little idiot proofing the motorcylce industry does to provide us a safer way to travel.

Thanks for the cold one it was good.
:noworries:

No problem. Dont want to fall out with folk on my first visit cause everyone seems very helpful and I am sure I will be around asking more stupid questions for a while.
Cheers.

Back