Main key switch sticking

Just bought this bike a week ago and knew the key switch was sticking,you have to jiggle the key around to get it to go to the on position.I've ordered a new main switch but was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem.

Thanks

I had something similar happen. I had a duplicate of the key made when I first bought the bike. after about a year the original key got hard to turn. The weird thing is the duplicate still works fine.

I've had this with bikes in the past. Sometimes, a clean and lubricate of the lock cylinder does the trick; sometimes not.

Always worth a try. Use a proper graphite lube made for locks as other ones will attract dirt and cause the very same problem

Last edited:
A work mate has an 06 Gen11 with 60,000km. You have to pull his key back towards you to get it unlocked. Lately mine is starting to feel that way too. Only 12,000km on mine. I have only used one of three keys though.

If the points wore down on the key, it would do that since it moving the pins as much... remaking the key MIGHT help, but I would think that would depend on the problem.

Makes me want to make a master key I never use... for later....

Re Key

I use graphite dust to solve a sticking key problem-especially in a wet climate.
Flow some into the slot and they smooth out.

Back