Maiden Voyage

I took the ride out for her maiden voyage after putting the Suono and PCIII in. I ran it for about 100 miles just to see if anything that didn't get tightened down would let me know. All went fine. The pipe is definitely more mellow than the stocker but not obnoxious. I didn't want to end up with something that the neighbors could hear coming a mile down the road. Throttle response is a little better than stock and the on/off throttle lag seems to be gone and I didn't put in a FCE so i'm not sure what has made that better. I am running Ivan's map because I bought the PCIII from him. By far the biggest difference is you could make up four Suono's (weight wise) from one stock pipe. They are Very light. It also appears that the db killer is now removed via a circlip vs. drilling out a rivet and putting in a screw. This is a much better solution to that issue. The map seems to be just fine, I didn't have to mess with the throttle open and close positions. When I get my O2 guage installed, I'll be better able to see how that looks as I get a little deeper into the PCIII.

Sounds great! Glad to hear that everythings running fine. Will you be going for the FCE anytime soon? Can't wait til you have the camera mounted and posting some videos. I'll have some new ones for Sunday. Saturday after work we are heading up to a route that someone suggested on the FZ1OA forum. On the way we are stopping by Orange County Choppers. They are having their 10th anniversary bash up at the headquarters. Its also going to be a balmy 72 degrees.

I'll make the decision about the FCE after I've got more miles on the ODO. I took a video the other day but after looking at it, the camera was pointed too low. I've since readjusted it and hopefully within the next few days I can get back out. I ended up getting a flip. They are about what you paid but I don't think they have the same adjustability you do. You can zoom (limited) and adjust the volume. The controls allow starting, stopping, going forward and back. You can check them out on the net. They had three versions and I got the Ultra, a helmet mount and an underwater case in the event I want to ride through a lake (unlikely). The thng is about the size of a deck of cards and just as square. The only problem I have is that with our windshield, the blast at seventy-plus really pulls my head back so now I'm looking for a larger windshield for a bit better wind protection for the long-hauls.

Looking at cameras.....post a link for the one you bought (since I don't see a brand name to google....:poke:)

As for the mounting position -- has anyone tried off the forks or just underneath the front upper fairing?? I'm still in "what if" mode so until I purchase and play with, I don't know if it is even feasible....

BroHay

Last edited:
Wow, I re-read about 3x's yesterday to make sure that you didn't have a manufacturer in their, and then I follow up this am and I see it (guess I was just burned out or, the appointment for the eye doctor might actually yield some unwanted information this year...:nerd:)

Tiny little bugger, be interesting to see the video output though. I'll await the video before I cast my vote. On another note, what is the underwater camera case rated for? (b/c I'm thinking snorkeling)

Thanks,
BroHay

It's good to a depth of 30 ft. so that should be fine for what you're looking o do. It's a sturdy case and the only thing it doesn't have is a place to attach a mount. When I lived in Hawaii I did a lot of snorkeling and usually 15 or so feet was all we needed in Hanama bay.

Back