Made my own exhaust

I finished up my exhaust Friday and I'm loving it. I made my own on my of fz6 but focused more on looks than performance so this time around it was all about performance and sound. My fz6 had that high pitch "tinny" scream to it so my main goal was to have a lot deeper tone so this time I made proper inserts with fiberglass packing and stainless steel wool packing. The whole thing is made out of SS sanitary piping along with sine SS mesh that I rolled for my inserts. I might go back later and add some polished heat shields to help the looks out better but enough talk, here it is.

a3ude6et.jpg
je8a8yba.jpg
7edegu6u.jpg
egyruzuv.jpg

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dSMH5xQdoMw

Sent from my pocket rocket that don't know how to spell

I'll have to watch the video at home but that is quite good for being a home-made slip-on. I'm imagining this is quite loud... nothing for baffles in there, correct?

Cool stuff! :Rockon:

I'll have to watch the video at home but that is quite good for being a home-made slip-on. I'm imagining this is quite loud... nothing for baffles in there, correct?

Cool stuff! :Rockon:

oh no there's baffles there's two baffles directing flow to the bottom pipe and each pipe has inserts with fiberglass and SS steel wool. It's definitely loud but not near as loud as straight pipes that I've run on other bikes on the past, plus it doesn't have that high pitch scream like they did either thanks to actually putting packing in this one.

Here's a pic someone asked Mr to do to get a better idea of what its like on.the inside
e7uhu7ym.jpg

Last edited:
don't weld in the morning more than you can grind in the afternoon... :)

Lol yeah this one was rather rushed, I cared more about it sounding like I wanted than looks like the last one I made on my fz6

Looks great but too high pitched
rynahu3e.jpg
vunypeje.jpg

Back