M1A1 Abrams

Hey fellow riders if you all will indulge a little vanity I'd like to share something with ya-all.................

This is a project me and my boys have been working on for the past couple of years.........

IMG_2130.jpg

This is a pic if it in the 4th of July parade................

IMG_2286.jpg

and a short video..............

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STNwnIUN4fU]‪The Tank vs The Snowman ll‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Now that is pretty cool. I've done time on M60A3s. M1s. M1A1s, M1A2s, M1Ds, and, M1SEPs. Then if was Infantry and a simple rucksack...

So what chassis is that on?

Thanks. Thats so cool that you've been part of a tank crew. I'm jealous !!!

It's a homemade frame. I used a golf cart rearend for the drive axle and a 4 wheeler engine.

A construction pic................or two

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1492-1.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

Support rollers, full suspention system, ........ WOW DUDE! Old Infanty grunt sniper and special forces & I was allwas impressed with tanks. The amount of tec and mechine was awesome.You are so on my list of buddies if the zombies come to eat our brains.

too slow, combat ineffective! j/k pretty cool stuff! i used to always like going out on joint patrols with the m1s in iraq. it seemed to give you a better sense of security and invincibility, especially when you were in a shitty humvee!

too slow, combat ineffective! j/k pretty cool stuff! i used to always like going out on joint patrols with the m1s in iraq. it seemed to give you a better sense of security and invincibility, especially when you were in a shitty humvee!

You are correct, way to slow. How ever I have acquired a old big red three wheeler. 200cc with 5 speeds and a high /low range. That should help things out in the speed area. As far as combat effectiveness........ there's too much to do for one person. Steering, shifting, throttle, loading, aiming.......It just don't work to well. It will fire paint balls and once it cools down a little I'm gonna take it out and play some type of paintball game with my kids. I made them some nerf rocket launchers to take out the tank with. I think I'm gonna get blown up a lot !!!

You are correct, way to slow. How ever I have acquired a old big red three wheeler. 200cc with 5 speeds and a high /low range. That should help things out in the speed area. As far as combat effectiveness........ there's too much to do for one person. Steering, shifting, throttle, loading, aiming.......It just don't work to well. It will fire paint balls and once it cools down a little I'm gonna take it out and play some type of paintball game with my kids. I made them some nerf rocket launchers to take out the tank with. I think I'm gonna get blown up a lot !!!

this just gets better and better! awesome stuff

not that you need any motivation, because just by building that, it's obvious you don't, but here's some more from my private collection haha
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKVAPlAnZfM]‪Tanks in Ramadi, 2006‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

WOW! That is one of the coolest projects I've ever seen! What a fantastic job! You're kids have to be super excited with this. Great job Dad! 1 vote for Father of the Year! :tup:

That's freaking wikkid! Lol. Beats the crud out of the little plastic G.I. Joe APC I had as a kid. I'm with FZ1inNH. Father of the year...lol.:flash:

WOW! That is one of the coolest projects I've ever seen! What a fantastic job! You're kids have to be super excited with this. Great job Dad! 1 vote for Father of the Year! :tup:

Thanks guys !!! The boys do like showing it off........but

I think they were more impressed when I fixed their Wii by replacing the lazer. Kids these days............go figure !

That is awesome!! What is the body made out of? You should be able to find a yamaha grizzly 660 engine that needs rebuilding but that might be over kill.

I want a ride in that thing! May want to install a window unit AC for the summer time haha

Thanks for the flashback, I think... I could smell that shithole just from the vid. I totally hate walking on gravel after my deployment.

Iraq sucks, pure and simple...

hahaha agreed on all points. i wouldn't say i don't like it, but i really don't care to go to the beach any more. walking on gravel, don't care for it. had enough sand in 2 deployments to last me a life time. wondering if you're the same way... i was just thinking today when i was making lunch, about how many days in ramadi we ate baloney and a-1 steak sauce sandwiches because that's all we had. good times. you never forget your first baloney and a-1 sandwich.

Back