LVPD Rear Ends Motorcyclist

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uvyYzjaiyE]Random Riders - Cop Rear Ends Motorcycle - YouTube[/ame]

I know we are not supposed to bash police as per the rules, but I just think this is worth the awareness.

This LVPD officer rear ends a motorcyclist. The cop was Following Too Closely
NRS 484B.127  Following too closely.
1.  The driver of a vehicle shall not follow another vehicle more closely than is reasonable and prudent, having due regard for the speed of such vehicles and the traffic upon and the condition of the highway.

He intimidates the rider. If you know anybody on the LVPD this guy should get fired.

^Don't start with politics. 1) You don't even know what communism is. 2) It's against forum rules.

The motorcyclist did make a dumb decision to stop like that without making sure there was no one behind him. The officer is of course at fault because he rear-ended him, but they both could've handled the situation better.

^Don't start with politics. 1) You don't even know what communism is. 2) It's against forum rules.

The motorcyclist did make a dumb decision to stop like that without making sure there was no one behind him. The officer is of course at fault because he rear-ended him, but they both could've handled the situation better.

1.if is against the rules when asked by admin will edit that, no problem
2. PM me what Comu is because I happened to live in east block in Europe till 1987. : oops:

If that were me I'd be spending the night in jail! I don't have that kind of constraint anymore in my old age. That cop, and I use that term loosely, completely turned the table on that poor rider. Once you show any kind of weakness they pounce all over you! I would have requested a supervisor and an accident report for rear ending me. Then I would have filed a formal complaint with his department on how unprofessional he was and his crappy language. Stuff like this burns me up!

Yep I reckon he would have arrested me for foul language/ resisting arrest etc etc. But I would have kept quiet about filming! Then lets see a judge his arse would be yours.

I agree with Billy. What do you think would have happened if the cop had been on the bike and the citizen had rear ended him? The cop was totally in the wrong. I'm sure he was looking at his dash, radio or texting. The cop got scared because he KNEW he was wrong and threatened a "SH!T load of tickets" to intimidate the bike rider to back down.

The rider did what he thought he needed to do to stay safe. It is the responsibility of the driver behind to keep a safe distance from the driver in front of them. I don't see where ANY blame can be given to the rider. That cop should be suspended for abuse of power and intimidation! We should not tolerate that sort of behavior from "public servants". The only thing that cop was protecting was his own a$$. What a douche!

CopBlock1-300x223.jpg
uthority.jpg

I don't think that cop should be suspended. I think he should be fired without benefits.

I met a guy last night who lived in Vegas for a few years. He said that for the most part there were good cops in the LV Metro PD. He did say however that it is a very politically charged environment and there was some definite corruption.

I think that anybody who takes a public/political/government job should be held to a standard twice as high as the general public and if they break that standard they should be penalized twice as bad. Gotta keep them honest but as of right now there is no fear for many of these douche bags.

oh wow. Glad to see someone is taking action.

I saw this a few days ago on jalopnik and was astonished at how many morons actually blamed the motorcycle for stopping too fast..... for shame.

If it was me personally I probably would have also kept my mount shut and then made sure I brought a copy of the video into the local police station and hand delivered it to chief.......

I am curious how filming incidents like this will change the way the justice department works. In many areas it is against the law to film a police officer when they have you pulled over, or even to make an audio recording. In the past few years there have been a number of incidents of people getting busted for unlawfully recording a police officer, which to me makes no sense at all. It almost seems like a good protection to have video and audio recording at all times so if anything shady happens you have proof to back you side of the story.

Man I want a go-pro just for this reason.

I saw this a few days ago on jalopnik and was astonished at how many morons actually blamed the motorcycle for stopping too fast..... for shame.

If it was me personally I probably would have also kept my mount shut and then made sure I brought a copy of the video into the local police station and hand delivered it to chief.......

I am curious how filming incidents like this will change the way the justice department works. In many areas it is against the law to film a police officer when they have you pulled over, or even to make an audio recording. In the past few years there have been a number of incidents of people getting busted for unlawfully recording a police officer, which to me makes no sense at all. It almost seems like a good protection to have video and audio recording at all times so if anything shady happens you have proof to back you side of the story.

I've spoke with a couple of local riders. One of them had an incident where the police were accusing him of speeding/reckless driving and he wasn't. He had his gopro on him and the cop was really abusive when he was trying to talk to him about what the cop thought he saw (A simple passing maneuver). Well, he was taken into custody got a night in jail, while they tried to figure out charges, in the morning was let go with no charges and got his GoPro back with no memory card. He asked for it back and they said it didn't have one in there. He was told he should consider himself lucky and get out of there.

So really I don't trust the criminal justice *scoff* system. I try to remain calm and act with respect when interacting with police but some of them just have a hard-on for being douche bags.

It is never, ever, ever, ever illegal to film or record an officer. You need to tell them..but thats it. There isn't shit they can do about it. They can NOT make you turn it off, or hand it over.

It is never, ever, ever, ever illegal to film or record an officer. You need to tell them..but thats it. There isn't shit they can do about it. They can NOT make you turn it off, or hand it over.

uhh in some states, I think Illinois and Maryland they are forcing people to turn them off if they are unable to turn off the audio portion (which no action cam can turn off just the audio, well maybe they can but that requires advanced settings and only a few can do that from a smart phone). They are attempting to call it wire tapping for the audio recording portion.

This post got exactly the same responses over on our FZ8 site

It received the same reaction on the R1 site and both FZ1 sites.

Gotta hope it goes viral! See the look on his face when he gets hauled in front of his boss PRICELESS

I think the video is going viral. It is on every motorcycle forum that I visit regularly. I will also post it on my FB to make sure that a few more people see it. I'm not so much gunning for the cop's job........his lawyer will do that.........

Blind Spot did some research and found this:

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...d-im-at-fault/

Now, I’ve got a meeting with an attorney later today. He even has a local news outlet setup for a brief interview. Stay tuned.

It will be interesting to see what happens. The Texas Policeman who took the motorcycle's video camera without reason received 30 days (or there about) suspension.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyYlRZAdPGk]Biker alleges Dallas Sheriff Deputy made up charge to seize video evidence (RAW) - YouTube[/ame]

Different circumstances but Texas cop received A LOT of attention. I don't think the LV cop will get fired. A lot depends on his past performance/ future potential but most of the time police get suspended. I'm just mentioning this last story as a comparison for policemen who get in trouble publically....

Back