Lowering questions?

I can see several weak links with that set up,eg welds,how far is the thread inside adjusting nut? the anti spin pin drilled through the threaded rod very close to end would be a major concern too me ,I have no concerns were it is fitted to the bike

I can see several weak links with that set up,eg welds,how far is the thread inside adjusting nut? the anti spin pin drilled through the threaded rod very close to end would be a major concern too me ,I have no concerns were it is fitted to the bike

enclosed picture of my cycleoneoff lowering link, never fitted as I decided against lowering the bike, Also like the Lust Racing triangle plate typeYamaha lowering kits | Yamaha R1, R6, R125, FZ-8, FZ-1 lowering kits XT660Z Tenere and more! LustRacing.co.uk both are a much stronger setup,I must admit the adjuster type link would be handy to find the amount that you want to lower your bike in the first place:icon_beer:

Yo Fisherman you are right your lowering link looks more solid. I was mainly commenting on the need to properly tourk the link. I feel as though over tightening any of these links could be a problem and lead to a crack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Yo Fisherman you are right your lowering link looks more solid. I was mainly commenting on the need to properly tourk the link. I feel as though over tightening any of these links could be a problem and lead to a crack!

You would need too hit my link with a sledge hammer to crack it, even then it would take several blows,please do`nt take me the wrong way about critictising the ajustable link,I am not trying to be a smart ass,but to me they look very flimsy for a part which may cause a serious accident if it failed/broke .the diameter of the threaded rod is another concern,there is just to many possible failure points in this link for me.

No problem Fisherman just a difference of opinion. I dont think that the raising link is any weaker than half the other parts on the bike if properly torqed.

Back