lowering and straight handlebars

ntn007

Hi, I'm new to the group and was searching for discussion on replacing the OEM bars, but most of the threads were about raising them even more!

Are there members who have lowered them or have replaced them with straighter bars for a more 'aggressive' riding position? I would like a slightly sportier riding position. Any thoughts, suggestions, warnings about size and specifications are appreciated!

Hi, I'm new to the group and was searching for discussion on replacing the OEM bars, but most of the threads were about raising them even more!

Are there members who have lowered them or have replaced them with straighter bars for a more 'aggressive' riding position? I would like a slightly sportier riding position. Any thoughts, suggestions, warnings about size and specifications are appreciated!

Well not sure how much you're looking to lower them, but one of the easiest (cheapest also) ways to lower them is to change the stock risers. I know Yamaha used toi sell shorter risers under their GYTR accessory line and you can still find them on eBay occasionally. Not sure which others will fit with the stock bars.

Hey, so I've got some pics to help you. This was done before I bought the bike, so I couldn't compare it to stock. However, I can say I'm about 6'3 and the stance is relatively aggressive for the type of bike. It has the GYTR riser (1" shorter than factory) and what appears to be Gen II bars cut shorter (about another 1.25-1.5" lower than stock). This does put the bar really close to the adjusters on the forks, and is really close to hitting the fairing and tank in a full turn.

This setup is alright for short trips, but after about 45 mins my wrists start to hurt a little bit. If you consciously sit more upright using your back muscles (instead of leaning on your writsts) it helps a lot and you can ride longer.

I'm actually considering putting different bars on it that are closer to the stock height (looking at Rentahl Street Low's). Just shopping around yet right now. Anyway, here are some pics for a reference (if you want any specific pictures just let me know)

DSC02135.jpg

6dace4eb.jpg

22dfc7bd.jpg

Just turn your bars down - you will be surprised how much better the bike feels - first loosen up the throttle, clutch and front brake - then turn the bar down - check it at full lock and make sure its 1/4in from the tank and your set - looks cooler and puts you in a slightly more stretched out position - for me it actually is alot more comfortable.

Back