Low Gear Snatch

Butthead

Is this something that can get tuned out, maybe not 100% but reduced, find that tight cornering in low gears and lowish revs, it get snatchy when riding not as smoothly as you should ( if this make any sense) or is this just a characteristic of the bike

Last edited:
This is a very common complaint for the second gen FZ1. You can search here for some large threads full of solutions, including an ECU tune or a fuel cut eliminator.

You can tune it out, but how low are the revs we are talking about here? This bike likes to rev. I try to keep revs over 4000rpm in twisties, but on some of our tight corners in the hills, this is not always possible (read corkscrew road here).

For those of you people from not around here, here is a short (not very good) video of Corcsrew road leading onto George road. Most people take these roads a bit quicker than this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8z9CXIuiiw

I have Ivan's flash with a Neville lush dynotune and have no snatch at all.

have a look at this thread for an explanation of why you get the snatch.

http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-tech/11503-open-close-loop-mode.html

Good to know, it's still under warranty so until that expires I'm limited in what I can do, but can say that its a great bike and does well in the hills, be even better once I upgrade the suspension and tyres plus fix up some of these other minor issues

Too bad that we have unrealistic speed limits........ in place purely for revenue....

There was a nice hidden camera just east of Mylor a few weeks back, on the side of the road in the first overtaking stretch with camo netting over it! The cop car was parked in a dirt entry to a paddock down the hill behind some trees. He would have got a lot that day!

Garage had a warning of a camera on the bulls creek rd last week, coincided with SAPOL indicating that they will deploy more hidden "safety" cameras. The only bonus is that there are limited places where they can put them as the car needs to be close to the unit and its visible

The Paris Creek Rd is bad given that only a few years ago it had a posted limit of 100 and now reduced to 80, as I found out with my donation to the government

and very little gravel. last time I rode the Strath to Maccelsfield road there was a lot of gravel wash on the road. I love that road, but it is getting worse and worse for bumps and surface condition. More traffic on it this year too.

Rode it 2 days ago not too much gravel but a lot of bark and crap from the wind, traffic not too bad rarely ride on weekends and do all my riding mid week

Clarendon road is atrocious for the road condition, rough road and lots of gravel

Last edited:
Back