Lost Traction

Wow, I'm new to the FZ1, seeing how flickable it is in the corners is awesome! Everyone here is saying your lines are "off", but it's still way above my level!

I did notice a couple mini slips as well, I assumed sand, but I don't know much about the road conditions. Cool video though, I'll be checking out more for sure!

Wow, I'm new to the FZ1, seeing how flickable it is in the corners is awesome! Everyone here is saying your lines are "off", but it's still way above my level!

I did notice a couple mini slips as well, I assumed sand, but I don't know much about the road conditions. Cool video though, I'll be checking out more for sure!

It is much less "flick-able" with the stock shock. My lines were off because I was pushing harder and once you mess up on this section, you either slow and get back the best line or you make do, which is what I did,

I don't have a clue why some of you guys think you see small slips. There is only one loss of traction in the video.

I think some of the clutch action may be mistaken for lost traction. The lines look pretty good considering there are a lot of marks on that road that we have no idea what it really looks like. :)

I've been running the same tire configuration you described for the last 2-years. With this year's tire replacement of RS2, front & rear, I haven't noticed any real drop in traction.

Only time in the previous 2-years traction was a possible issue was taking 25-mph curves at 50 mph and being surprised by fresh tar snakes. I didn't "break" traction, but the bike "skipped" a fraction to the curves' outside.

...Did give a queezy feeling.

Back