Lost Traction

I've got Bridgestone BT 023's fitted with about 3k miles on them and this has happened to me a couple of times recently on bends. Although the rear tyre is showing light signs of squaring off there is plenty of tread left and I don't think this is the cause?

It's more apparent when on a roundabout (I live in the UK) and the back end slips out - in the dry, good surface, no oil /diesel spills. - but it happened to me yesterday in a straight line when changing up from 5th to 6th. I was just above 90mph, changed gear and the back end flicked from side to sidet till it found grip. Got the pulse racing for sure.

I'm just your average rider, don't profess to be better than the bike, but I'm not shy when the right road conditions are available. I've had the bike three years and nothing like this has happened before.

Because the back end has become unpredicatable, I've lost confidence in the current tyres and ordered a set of T30 Evo's to be fitted.

The only other thing I can think of is the suspension settings. It's a 6 year old Gen2 FZ1S ABS with 11k miles on the clock. Maybe it's become a bit spongy and needs fresh oil & a new rear spring?

Hey Mike, did you feel "off" that particular day? Just asking cause your lines seemed off a bit from your normal videos. Just noticed something different about this video compared to the others.

Hey Mike, did you feel "off" that particular day? Just asking cause your lines seemed off a bit from your normal videos. Just noticed something different about this video compared to the others.

You watch my videos too much. :cool:I ran deep into one of the turns and that hosed up my normal line. My lines in my guard2guard video are better.

I used to get some rear tire slip with the pirelli Diablo no I'm on the rosso 2 and like it much better Planted all the timer

My last set of tires was the Pirelli Diablo II, I only ever lost the front, once in pooring rain on a oil patch I had it slip a bit but gained traction as it went back onto clean tarmac, and once on a really cold morning on really cold tires (first 120 degree corner at the end of my street) it slipped a bit, but a counter steer and a foot dab saved that one.

I never had the rear break free to the extent loosenut had. I have spun it up slightly on hard corner acceleration, but that's different.

I just switched to Rosso III and so far I like them better, but a hard call as I've only had a couple of decent rides on them.

Agreed. Mike you were "behind" on several corners.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

To quote an expert..... Ahhhh yeah mang get some new tires. Why risk your life driving too fast with faulty equipment. Seriously foul..... eh Mike?.... lmao :rofl:

You rode that out well.

I had a situation like that a few months back. It was cold early morning and rained the night before. Went to hop on the free way and the ass of the bike kicked way out.

The funny thing is when I first joined the forum I was getting my fz1 after totaling my fz6 as a noob rider.

Check out the Pilot Road 4's. So far they have had the best life time and maintaining traction in lean the longest. The PR3's I had started to get slick on the sides like that after about 5;000 miles.

You rode that out well.

I had a situation like that a few months back. It was cold early morning and rained the night before. Went to hop on the free way and the ass of the bike kicked way out.

The funny thing is when I first joined the forum I was getting my fz1 after totaling my fz6 as a noob rider.

Check out the Pilot Road 4's. So far they have had the best life time and maintaining traction in lean the longest. The PR3's I had started to get slick on the sides like that after about 5;000 miles.

I'm not a Pilot Road fan and I'll be sticking with my current Dunlop combo.

Back