Looking to get an gen 2 FZ1

I recently purchased an 01 Honda VFR 800, but am selling it due to an uncomfortable amount of heat coming from the engine. It makes my inner thighs and seat warm up. I was wondering if the FZ1 has this similar problem. Apparently, all VFRs suffer from this problem - it's an engine design problem. Are there any other complaints that you all have regarding the FZ1. I'd just like to know some more details before I begin the process of buying one. Thanks in advance.

One of the first things I noticed when I bought my 07 FZ1 was the heat at my thighs. Someone told me all liter bikes do that My old 600cc Seca II doesn't throw off any that's noticeable. The FZ1 seat doesn't get warm though. Strangely, I hardly notice it at all now as I come up on 600 miles with it. Heck, I'll probably be glad it's there as fall sets in.

On a warm day the Gen2 will give your thighs a pretty good roasting as well. Anything under 75 though seems OK. Here in Washington it will probably be a bonus come fall/winter. Ride one first if you can before making a change based simply on heat.

Other than the heat thing, an FZ1 will run absolute circles around a VFR. Another good reason to get a test ride. You will be amazed at the difference.

I recently purchased an 01 Honda VFR 800, but am selling it due to an uncomfortable amount of heat coming from the engine. It makes my inner thighs and seat warm up. I was wondering if the FZ1 has this similar problem. Apparently, all VFRs suffer from this problem - it's an engine design problem. Are there any other complaints that you all have regarding the FZ1. I'd just like to know some more details before I begin the process of buying one. Thanks in advance.

yes my friend is the same , but don't forget we are speaking for one bike 4-cylinder , 1000cc , 150hp with 2 fans!!!

maybe at Summer, they is the who intense problem!

that differently it becomes that is to say:rolleyes:

i think better get a FZ1 for a test drive before buy it!

i havent expreinced the heat issue with my 08 FZ1N , but its spring here in OZ . the FZ1N is a great allrounder & i am sure you will be very pleased with one ..

Back