Looking for info on heated grips???

The switch replaces the front half of a pearch mount and they have several heat settings with correlated LED lights to let you know where you're at. VERY Trick. Installed in the correct manner having taken the proper amount of care & time, they can appear to be a factory option.

If you're talking about the Symtec controller I can tell you it can't replace the front of the master cylinder mount on a Gen I as the stock mount bolts are offset from each other.

If you're talking about the Symtec controller I can tell you it can't replace the front of the master cylinder mount on a Gen I as the stock mount bolts are offset from each other.

Well that is a very ingenious way of mounting it if it works for your particular bike...

Well that is a very ingenious way of mounting it if it works for your particular bike...

No doubt, I upgraded to the Symtec controller when I bought my Oxford Heaterz because it was such a slick setup. Unfortunately it wouldn't fit on the MC so I had to use it as a stand alone on the risers of my Convertibars, still slick but not as stock looking as I'd hoped for...

That would be the very one I was referring to, although not sure of the Symtec name.

I had to modify the pearch to get it to fit an old eighties Seca 750. Some files, fillers, tap & die set, paint, and quite a few hours will get it fitting of course. That's only if you're the type of dude that doesn't mind paying $100 for a new part only to spend 12 hours to modify it to make it fit right.

Oxford Heaterz

I will throw my vote in for the Oxford heated grips. They get really hot when you want them but have four power levels. I got a great price from the TwistedThrottle people when I visited their booth in Daytona. IIRC it was about $80. The mount for the control looks great too. My only complaint is the LEDs can be difficult to see in the daytime.

I have these wired into a FZ1 aux fusebox jammed up underneath the dash.

Posted a pic of my cockpit with the controller on the left handlebar.

That would be the very one I was referring to, although not sure of the Symtec name.

I had to modify the pearch to get it to fit an old eighties Seca 750. Some files, fillers, tap & die set, paint, and quite a few hours will get it fitting of course. That's only if you're the type of dude that doesn't mind paying $100 for a new part only to spend 12 hours to modify it to make it fit right.

Silly me saying it won't fit :laugh2: you've just got to want it bad enough!

Well let's see some pictures of the finished install ;)

I was referring to sickle's install when I said you've got to want it bad enough :) I took the easy way out and just drilled some holes.

I've still got ugly wiriing in that piece of wire loom. I intend to redo the setup this winter to make it a little prettier but it will never look factory like I'd first envisioned.

I was referring to sickle's install when I said you've got to want it bad enough :) I took the easy way out and just drilled some holes.

I've still got ugly wiriing in that piece of wire loom. I intend to redo the setup this winter to make it a little prettier but it will never look factory like I'd first envisioned.

That doesn't look too bad. It's hard to get a clean install of something like that with the Convertibars.

Sorry guys,

I don't have the machine I installed them on anymore as it was for a friend of mines ride I put them on.

It looked pretty trick though, if an early eighties Seca 750 can look trick that is.

34zzx8k.jpg

Oxford heated grips and ducati hand wind deflector...I don't even know what cold wind feels like...lol:D

I can just barely touch it but I figured since I have an angle shut off switch (that switch where if she falls over it cuts off engine and electrical I think) or whatever it's called lol that I might not ever need it...Should I move it?

Back