Looking for detailed How-To threads!

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
Given that spring is here and a lot of people are working on their bikes, please take the time to document the steps, take some pics and share them with your fellow forum members. Not only are we looking for the regular bike wrenching, but also any custom work you are doing to create something for the bike such as Oldschool's Flat Deck Project.

Search to see if it has been done. We don't have a lot of these yet. There may be a lot of threads discussing a process but nothing actually detailing it with a pictorial.

Aaron gives you a bonus for doing this! :D

Looking for a complete documented process on both generations.

Gen I carb sync
Gen II throttle body sync
Gen I - jetting the carbs
Gen II AIS removal and blockoff plate install
Sprocket and chain - complete swap (riveted chains only please. Master link chains are not endorsed by any rider I know on a supersport!)
Fork oil replacement
Fork spring replacement
Replacing front and/or rear brake pads
Valve adjustments
Proper chain adjustment (using measurements!)
Suspension tuning

Others you can think of? Also, if any of these are already done, please respond below and let us know to take them off this list.

Thanks all!!

Well not on the list, but if I have time on Sunday I will be installing my Pyramid front fender extender and will take some pics ;)

Given the current state of the YZF1000 that is probably the case. Regardless I think it's only fitting that I bring the FZ1 :)

Excellent! I didn't think you'd want to bring the YZF and be playing catch-up to all us FZ1 rider all day! :scared0016: :poke: :icon_beer:

I will be sure to post some stuff on my leo vince install when it arives. Should come sometime early this week. Hopefully I can work on it this weekend. Let me know if anyone wants to see something specific and I will try to document it. I will also do the same for the copperdawg screen but that will be a few weeks or more till it arrives.

Back