looking for an FZ1

flafz1

Hey everyone. This is my first post here! I currently ride a 2009 Honda CBR 600rr. I am finding it very uncomfortable for me and I am looking for a bigger bike thats more comfortable seating position for me. I am 6'2" 220lbs. I am not looking too do any crazy aggressive riding. But more spirited riding and I would love to enjoy that 1000cc goodness! How would this bike fit for me?

First off, welcome to the forum. I think you'll find a wealth of information regarding FZ1's and riding in general.

About the FZ1, honestly, it was amongst my first choices because of the shorter seat height. I am 5' 10" and the bike was about the right seat height for me. It may be a little short for you.

I sat on the V Strom and Superduke and they were way, way too tall for me. They might be a good comparison for you.

As for the FZ1, I absolutely love it. Plenty of power and acceleration. Not the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden (a couple of hours in the saddle is plenty for me), but for an around town, super-commuter, I love it.

Welcome, I'm too short to coment on fit BUT I can tell you it is a fun bike and you would enjoy the 1000. Now is a buyers market, find a slightly used 07 or newer. Ride it for a bit- don't like it? Sell it, buying used will save you from the big hit vrs. buying new and selling.
I bought my 06 with less than 6k miles with all the good mods for a buck less than 6K.

I think you'd love it. The question isn't your height though... what is your inseam measurement? I've seen 6' guys with a 32" inseam and 5'8" guys with a 34" inseam. That is the only measurement that counts for sizing a bike (seat height).

Good news is, the FZ1 can be raised an inch or two in the rear with some inexpensive dog bones. As for comfort, I find it to be one of the best seating positions foe a bike available in the supersport arena. It's got plenty of HP and with some small mods, you can gain a few more for free or little money.

Hope it works out for you. Try Craigslist and ebay too!

Thanks for the warm welcome! :yes:

Yeah, the FZ1 is a sick bike! I am typically a 32 inseam. 6'2" @ 220ish.

How does it compare to the Kawasaki z1000?

Hey everyone. This is my first post here! I currently ride a 2009 Honda CBR 600rr. I am finding it very uncomfortable for me and I am looking for a bigger bike thats more comfortable seating position for me. I am 6'2" 220lbs. I am not looking too do any crazy aggressive riding. But more spirited riding and I would love to enjoy that 1000cc goodness! How would this bike fit for me?
Hi and welcome,

I am 6ft 1 and 200lbs and the bike suit Me just fine, I had the fz6 naked before but way too small for Me, also I have had 2 major back ops on lower discs and the riding position does not hinder this. I would recommend for sure.

safe riding Kev.

i am 6'4" 250 and i have no problem with my 03 fz1. my bike has not been lowered so it fits me perfect. it has enough power to get where i am going without having to worried about anyone next to me.

Back