Looking for a 1st gen?

bunk

Was searching for deals yesterday and ran into these gems.

Blue 2004 with 3250 miles for 5.5k

2003 Bee with 14k for 5k

I find myself looking for deals like this all the time and then I remember that I already have a Gen 1. As great as it is I don't really want or need another one.
I don't know what's next, though. MT07 or 09 are tempting.

Last edited:

And a closet full of clothes. $4.2K for 10K.

Is that a reflection where the left knee would touch on the tank or is that a rash? Says never down.
The other thing is I thought engines were black in 03

Almost seems as reflection from engine below. Also look at what appears to be a dent same side of tank, under bar end ?
Best guess it's been dropped at least, and fixed.

Do some research on flat plane cranks first. Specifically the life span of a flat plane crank engine. Also the early versions have valvetrain issues, fwiw.
I have heard bad things about the 1000cc 4, but I hadn't thought much about the other engines.
Not good.

I have heard bad things about the 1000cc 4, but I hadn't thought much about the other engines.
Not good.
Yeah all versions of the 3 banger had rocker issues for the first 2 years if memories serves me right. Gremlins happen.

Theres not much you can do about flat plane engines, other than have money to rebuild em. I remember when 200k was the design parameter when engineers designed engines/transmissions. No way can any flat plane last that long.

Yeah all versions of the 3 banger had rocker issues for the first 2 years if memories serves me right. Gremlins happen.

Theres not much you can do about flat plane engines, other than have money to rebuild em. I remember when 200k was the design parameter when engineers designed engines/transmissions. No way can any flat plane last that long.
Progress.:rolleyes:

Will that bottom end handle that power reliably without mods?
Yes, up to 1200. Any more than that and you need a block and rotating assembly.

Once i cant ride im either going rockcrawling again or stepping into something ive never done, fast street cars. I want a notch fox body with a coyote, was going to do a ls but coyotes are proving to be way better.

Back