Lookin for an Exhaust

Welcom to the Forum Bones!

Different cans for different folks, but I like the look and finish availibilites of the MIVV GP short can. The sound can be downright intoxicating! I have a Gen I with a MIVV GP Titanium slip-on but you can contact PJ here on the web or call him to speak with him direct regarding your inquiry.

BroHay

Last edited:
I am looking to hook m 08 FZ1 with a new slip on exhaust. Anybody have suggestions on the best sounding? I like the look of the 2 Brothers C.F.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFINl5axiL4]YouTube - 2006 FZ1 Exhaust Clips[/ame]

Go to this link.

This has the MIVV from PJs Parts. $100 less than 2 Brothers and sounds better.

Good clip with and without Db killer.

MIVV - www.pjparts.com

Last edited:
1:28 -- that is the sound (w/o the DB killer) and what has me hooked!

Chris,

As for deals, PJ is the only US supplier that I know of. Unless you happen to stumble across someone selling one.

The muffler I have is "famous" for it is the one that is pictured on the Candy Red Gen I that the previous owner sold in preparation for selling his bike to recoup some $$.

PJ and Paige are great to work with and can track down almost anything.

BroHay

I checked out the MIVV exhaust....great advice....gonna look into gettin me one. Doesn't sound to hard to remove the DB Killer but anyone got the step by step on it?

Thanks again for the help.....

Bones

I've got a Yoshimura can on mine...they're a bit scarce...well they are in the UK. Sound is moderate on start up and tick over but goes absolutely nuts when you give it the berries:D

Loud is safe for me as I spend every morning and evening splitting traffic on my commute in and out of London.lolup

Hello!

Just fitted a MIVV Suono to my FZ 1, looks and sounds great and its very easy to remove the db killer, just one big clip.

Uffe

I checked out the MIVV exhaust....great advice....gonna look into gettin me one. Doesn't sound to hard to remove the DB Killer but anyone got the step by step on it?

Thanks again for the help.....

Bones

All it is a rivet that can be drilled out and then use a 10mm screw with nut to hold it back in place. Allows for easy access, if you choose to, to play around with the DB killer in/out.

BroHay

i like the look and sound of G and G exhausts.....

i have posted a pic on here before of a pic of one, just need to look at my previous post....it's in the post post i wrote entitled 'hi'

and ive seen and heard one on u tube and it sounds very juicy indeed...

as for power gains and curves i dont know...need to find out..

think they retail for 270 english pounds for an end can....

so about 272 dollars then.....:D

Last edited:
I have had my MIVV Suono for a few days now and put on about 200 miles. It's light as a feather (Titanium) and shorter than the stocker. Definitely sounds like an FI car at Indy when you get the engine humming. Almost sounds like a real bad Two-stroke when you're at 11,000. Looks are in the eye of the beholder.

I don't see anything wrong with that can! Thinks it looks pretty good agains the lines of the Gen II FZ1. (The MIVV GP for the Gen I is by far my favorite of all the ones that I've seen)

BroHay

just purchased a high exit hindle slip-on...installing tomorrow...will give feedback then...hindles sound great on other bikes, havent heard one on the fz1

I'd say it largely depends on what sort of sound you want. I have a carbon TB on mine and would not swap it for anything, but it is a far rougher, deeper sound than the Mivv that is also a wonderful piece of kit but does give you a higher note. I like the TB as for me it gives me the engine note of a street fighter

Got the Yoshi

When I got the FZ1 naked back in March I'd ordered it with a Yoshi. They Dyno'd it and thought that they detected a flaw in the unit so they returned it for a replacement.....It's only just gotten here from the good ol' US of A:WTF:. Not complaining though as the thing is beautiful.

Whoops the baffle seems to have fallen out!

This is what The Akrapovis looks like on the Granite Grey 08 FZ1

Back