Long time lurker...

...potential new FZ owner!

Been lurking on this site for awhile. Reading up as much as I can while shopping for the best naked. After MUCH mental debate, I've decided to stick with my gut and get an FZ.

I'm leaving early tomorrow morning to go check out a nice deal on an '06.:deal: Wish me luck!

Thanks,
Luke

Edit...

Thanks!

Forgot to add, asking price is $3700 (~8,500miles). From what I can tell that's around $1k less than the going rate? He's looking for a quick sale, and I hope everything is the way it's supposed to be. If so, I'll be enjoying 60d January weather on the way back (~120miles) tomorrow!

Last edited:
Jump on it man!!!!
Check the tires, breaks and all the usuals that need to be replaced with a used bike. I would also recommend checking with your insurance and making sure you are covered to do a test drive. I would not buy a bike with out driving it. Hand the owner written proof because a lot of sellers are getting cautious and not letting people drive their bikes. A lot of insurances may not cover someone test driving their bike.
I was all but sold on an 03 R1 and then I sat on my FZ1. That was it - I was sold. It was so comfortable and fit my body just right. That first ride had me.
Good luck

Good luck and hope you find it a great buy. Make sure he has a clear title before even going. If he "has to pay it off first" then don't go. ;)

It may be too late but definitely heed FZ1inNH's advice. I once tried negotiating for a used VW bug only to find out the young woman had to pay off her loan first. She wanted me to pay it off, etc. If it's a tremendous deal and you can walk into the loaning center with the seller it is possible but compared to a "clear title" it's like getting a congressional amendment to a law. My friend does do things like that but he's in a different financial stratosphere than me and does these bank loan things frequently with land (Ed: Eric got to meet him at my house-he didn't look like a multi-millionaire did he Eric?)

(Ed: Eric got to meet him at my house-he didn't look like a multi-millionaire did he Eric?)

Wait... what? Ed is worth a lot of money? I honestly would not have known! Down to earth humble guy!

If you have to depend on the seller to pay off the loan, think about this: You pay them, they give you the bike, keys, etc... They say "I'll pay off the loan and when the title comes in, I'll send it to you signed!" Sounds great, right? What is the person pays OTHER bills off and not the bike? What if they don't pay the bike at all? The lender will come after the bike and does not care if you've paid the seller anything. Without paying THEM, you get no title AND no bike. ;) I've never been in this situation but I've known people who have been burned.

Good luck and use caution! :D

Done deal!

Pulled the trigger on it earlier today! Bone stock. Clean title. New rear. Decent front. Fresh oil change. Silver w/black wheels. $3500 cash.

With the cash saved I can start with the mods! First thing on the list is a euro headlight. From what I've read Partshark is the best/only source?

Stay tuned in the 'Classifieds', I'll probably have a full fairing listed for sale...

Back