Lights still on

Went for a ride earlier today came home turn bike of locked the ignition right way round to the left so steering lock was on. Came back downstairs and noticed that 2 small lights either corner at the top of the headlight were on and I have no idea why anyone have this happen before or have any ideas as to what happened that would be great. Put the key in the ignition started bike to make sure battery wasn't flat turned of ignition again same as before this time all light went out. It's got me stumped

You've got you parking lights turned on mate. Turning the key all the way anticlockwise turns the parkers on. One click back in the clockwise direction will engage the steering lock only. :icon_beer:

The ignition has a lock position and if turned a little bit further left also has a positon marked "p" that puts the park lights on.

I found this out by accident too, wondered why the hell my parkers were on after locking bike then noticed the extra "p" lock position.

Edit: Ginger Meggs, you beat me to it mate!

You've got you parking lights turned on mate. Turning the key all the way anticlockwise turns the parkers on. One click back in the clockwise direction will engage the steering lock only. :icon_beer:
It`s a stupid idea, do`nt know way they done it that way,if you lock your bike during the day, you got to make sure your parking lights are not on ,hard to notice in direct sunlight,sounds like your battery `s good anyway.

Last edited:
Thanks guys..... i knew somebody would steer me in the right direction i will just have to make sure that i pay some more attention next time. Once again thanks for the help and the fast replies. :bowdown:

The dealer warned me about that when I picked the bike up from them. Doesn't mean I haven't come out to find them on once or twice.

It`s a stupid idea, ...

Blame the Europeans where it makes some sense. Narrow streets and on-street parking, fog, rain etc mean they need some extra visibility when parked. A lot of Euro cars have a feature that allows the parking lights for one side to be left on when parked.

Back