Lights and safety

I've had a few questions about motorcycle lights and safety. I'll start, but I'd love to hear what others think. I'm hoping it won't degrade into any arguments, but just expressions of opinions.

Here's my current thinking:

• I always use high beam during the day. Maybe a little annoying, but I feel I will be seen better.
  • I prefer my turning signals on stalks (the flush look better) just to make them easier to see. I'm not sure the LEDs show up as well during the day, but seem to be almost blinding at night.
  • Tail and brake lights. I like the rear turning signals to be far apart for better visibility. (I like the look of the integrated tail/brake and turning signals) I have the same concerns with tail/brake LED as turning signals, I'm not sure the LEDs show up as well during the day, but seem to be almost blinding at night.
  • Flashing headlight (high to low) and flashing brake lights (3-4 flashes when light comes on rather than a constant glow). I don't have either. I have considered a headlight flasher in the past, but I'm not to sold on them right now. Same with the brake light flasher.
  • I'm not sure it has anything to do with safety, but I do like the front turning signals as marker lights. (on low with headlights)
  • Dash lights color. I don't think the color of the dash lights makes any difference on safety, but I wondered if anyone else thought so or had an experience that might relate to this.

Ultimately, I don't know if any of this makes much difference at all, but I'm all for leaning on the side of being seen. :flash: I've had way too many cagers NOT see me. Whatever it takes, but you have to assume you are invisible. :rmwl:

Back