Left Hand grip?

Sevinsky

Hey guys, I am attempting to put on R1 Clip Ons onto my bike.

I currently have the stock yamaha bar and grips on my bike right now. I have gotten everything off except the clutch lever and the hand grip, which seems to be stuck on there... Anyone know how to get it off?

-Sevinsky

it was just glued one, it came off just fine. Sucks for you guys that had to cut them. I have R1 clip ons already, but i dont think they will work. Does anyone know how to take the handle bar itself off? There are 4 screws near the ignition key holding the whole bar in place, and i cant figure out how to unscrew them..

Windex and a skinny screw driver. Lift up the grip, spray the Windex in repeat. To reuse it spray the bar and grip with Aquanet and slide the grip on. Once it dries you're good to go.

So, got everything off, like I said, the clip ons will NOT work with it. But! Much to my advantage "Bull" <-- What I named the bike since I first saw it. Now looks even more like one. Instead of the standard grip, I have tilted the bar 45 degree downward, thus letting my angle myself better and have a more comfortable grip, (personal preference). With said change in the bar angle, it now looks like the bike has horns. Thus making it look, even more bull-ish.
Sorry no pics available to post. I gave up my Iphone and that was all I was using for pictures.

Thanks for the help though guys, I definitely would have been stuck if it wasn't for you Johnny.

I have mine angled down slightly. About the limit without drilling holes for the switch gear. Fly racing makes a carbon bar for snowmobiles that I think will fit. I might have to check ebay again.

That would be sweet, maybe I can find a white one, to go with the retro kit im getting. I angled mine more than yours I am guessing, holes needed to be drilled. Got to ride it tonight to town, other than a little getting used to where all the different buttons are placed now, it seems fine to me. Still locks too.

Why? Is it a clearance issue? Or something else?

the way that the r1 clip are set up, with the naked, you need to put them VERY low so they wont interfere with the bracket that the headlight is on. Even then, they are at such a weird angle that it will run into the gas tank while turning. You can try it out and prove me wrong, but I didn't even want to try.

the way that the r1 clip are set up, with the naked, you need to put them VERY low so they wont interfere with the bracket that the headlight is on. Even then, they are at such a weird angle that it will run into the gas tank while turning. You can try it out and prove me wrong, but I didn't even want to try.

Well hell, send 'em on over. I'll try almost anything once.

Do you think that you could make some spacers with longer bolts. Use this to move the head light brackets forward some. Maybe this is a solution, if it looks OK. Just a thought, without actually seeing the setup.

I really like how he did that, except I have no Idea how he got his headlight and electronics so far forward. That is what is what stops me, my headlight is night next to the forks and stops it from being mounted correctly.

Back