LED Tail light and turn signals

Hi all,

just a quick one. i've been looking at some smoked LED tail lights (that a incorporate turn signals) but they seem only to be advertised as fitting '06-'10 models. I have a 2012 FZ1-N can any one tell me if they will fit, i was under the impression that the tail lights were all the same from '06 right upto current.

Thanks all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

just a quick one. i've been looking at some smoked LED tail lights (that a incorporate turn signals) but they seem only to be advertised as fitting '06-'10 models. I have a 2012 FZ1-N can any one tell me if they will fit, i was under the impression that the tail lights were all the same from '06 right upto current.

Thanks all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will fit.

they will fit!!!
the difference between the faired and naked version is only the whole piece of tail...the tail light is exactly the same....my opinion is:find the clear alternative led tail light with internal signals in RED colour....u will have the oem look but in led....it's this (INTEGRATED) 06-11 Yamaha FZ1<br>FZ8

Also note if you buy MotoDynamics LED taillight you do not need to construct or buy a damper, it comes on it.

A point of clarification: If you have just the rear MotoDynamics LED tail light, you don't need to modify anything electrical. If you have front LED turn signals, you may (probably will) have to replace the turn signal relay.

Some more info here.

A point of clarification: If you have just the rear MotoDynamics LED tail light, you don't need to modify anything electrical. If you have front LED turn signals, you may (probably will) have to replace the turn signal relay.

Yea, the proper turn signal relay is the way to go with LED turn signals. Plug-n-play so it doesn't get any easier.

Some more info here.

Or if you don't mind the fast blinking and only using half of the integrated LED taillight turn signals, then no relay needed.

I just got mine in the mail as well. Got a clear alternatives display model for $25..check ebay. It might not be a need for you to spend that much..

I may be mistaken, but in my research I think the Clear Alternatives had an issue with the weather sealing allowing moisture/condensation to build inside the lens. I hope your light kit works out for you.

The Motodynamic was the one that I found that had no negative comments about it.

I may be mistaken, but in my research I think the Clear Alternatives had an issue with the weather sealing allowing moisture/condensation to build inside the lens. I hope your light kit works out for you.

The Motodynamic was the one that I found that had no negative comments about it.

well,that was told from other users or is it your personal opinion?
because i had a smoked clear alternative led tail light for about 2 years and had drive with lot of rainy,moisture,snow....nothing get inside to the lens.....
and with the red clear alternative led tail light the same....i fitted to the bike 1 and 1/2 year ago and i have drive with the same weather conditions....rain,moisture.....again nothing have get into the lens.....
that's why i suggested to a lot of people...it's very very bright(especially if u buy it at red colour as the oem) and it's top of the top quality :tup:

Back