LED headlights too bright or out of adjustment?

M.Martin

First night time ride on the new bike was Wednesday. I had a few folks flash their lights at me even though I was using low beams . I stood in front of the bike and the low beams did'nt bother me (but I'm the 3rd toughest guy I know and not smart enough to tell when in pain). The lights keep everything very well light up with low beam and high beam is ile riding during the day :) Question is, is it people don't understand LED or am I out of adjustment?

Me too, sort of.

I have this problem with my Grand Cherokee. It even has auto level adjusting headlights because it has adjustable height suspension. Approximately 1 in 30 people will flash their lights at me.

I have this problem with my Grand Cherokee. It even has auto level adjusting headlights because it has adjustable height suspension. Approximately 1 in 30 people will flash their lights at me.

So what are your thoughts on this then? The people flashing me are confused the lights are bright. I assume they are not dangerous?

They might be a tad too high but you could consult with your dealer since you bought a brand new bike from them :) I bet there's a factory spec or adjustment method since they are a brand new LED set up from Kawasaki.

A properly adjusted low beam shouldn't get flashes from anyone, IMO

They might be a tad too high but you could consult with your dealer since you bought a brand new bike from them :) I bet there's a factory spec or adjustment method since they are a brand new LED set up from Kawasaki.

A properly adjusted low beam shouldn't get flashes from anyone, IMO

I'm going to stop in tomorrow and have them take a look at it. I try to be a pretty courteous rider and I don't want to be blinding people.

Dealer says it's fine. They shined the lights on a wall in front of the bike and the beams were where they are supposed to be. I guess folks will have to get used to the LED lights as I'm sure most cars, trucks and bikes will be going to it soon enough.

I don't have LED lights just the stock halogens and I get flashed quite often by cages. I think it's because the headlight on the bike sits higher than on a cage and the two bulbs on at once confuses them.

Dealer says it's fine. They shined the lights on a wall in front of the bike and the beams were where they are supposed to be. I guess folks will have to get used to the LED lights as I'm sure most cars, trucks and bikes will be going to it soon enough.

They should have an adjustment for both horizontal and vertical. You could try using the horizontal adjustment and make a slight adjustment to the right AWAY from oncoming traffic . If the dealer checked the lights with the bike to close to the wall only a height issue will be apparent.

Next time you get a little fog at night go for a quick ride and check the beam pattern. Nothing like a little fog to really show you where those lights are pointed.

I agree with Super Googan:
Hard to be sure from the pics but they seem WAY to high to me.
I notice only the building looks lit up and no actual light on the ground at all.

Also, many H4 HID bulbs have a "metal guard" that partially covers the top of the light beam. The light will feature a straight line above which no light is shown. That line should coincide with ground level, roughly 100 yards in front of the vehicle. It this is missing, then the beam will shine too high unless it is adjusted very low.

Also, many H4 HID bulbs have a "metal guard" that partially covers the top of the light beam. The light will feature a straight line above which no light is shown. That line should coincide with ground level, roughly 100 yards in front of the vehicle. It this is missing, then the beam will shine too high unless it is adjusted very low.

He has a brand new 2014 Z1000 with factory LED headlights so no crummy H4 HID bulbs with the issue you've brought up. Good piece of advice for others, though

Back