Learned a couple new things today...

cshrumfz1

First off, this was not bad, but it could have been.

I learned that once the low fuel trip-meter goes on (and STAYS on), I can go 42.3 miles before I run out of gas. : oops: Luckily, I was on my way to the gas station, the light was green, and it was a bit downhill...so I didn't have to look obviously stupid to one and all. :embarrased:

Right as I rounded the corner (about a quarter-mile away from the gas station), it sputtered, and I had enough speed in 2nd to pop her into neutral and coast up. About 50 feet out, it gave its last drop of gas and died.

4.8 gallons of premium (don't normally give her the good stuff, but she was just such a good sport about everything, I figured she deserved the higher octane juice), we were good to go again! :hug:

I normally only go about 10-15 miles once the rider (ME) has been notified that we are essentially on reserve. This was my first time doing that, I know that I got lucky with it. Hope to not push it like that again. --- 170 miles to the tank!

Thought I'd share...

Yup, had a similar experience 2 weeks ago in that I went 40 miles on reserve before I found an open gas/petrol station. Had to que up too - thought she would die in the que but she was good.

thanks, I've been wondering about this also, although I am sure "actual milage on reserve" will vary by bike and riding conditions...

Lucky you. Don't dot hat too often. Fuel pump are "fuel cooled" some of them don't like to run dry. We ran the popular Bosh fuel pump in the Formula Atlantic. If we were running out of fuel we were changing the pump for sure!

Boy, you guys and your FZ2s. I would get 200 miles easy out of my 1st Gen. Well, that was before the mods. Now it's closer to what y'all are getting.

This morning the light blinked and had 1 bar, so I went right for the G-Station to fill. Took 3.45 gallons. Had about 100 miles on the tank, sure is thirsty. Miss my 50 to the Gallon on the bike I went went from. So this this normal ?

Just under 30 mpg is a bit thirsty unless you were playing hard. I would get anywhere from 28 to close to 40 on long steady runs. If you want to feel the power it will cost you in mpg. Funny thing is my FJR 1300 still gets close to 40 mpg when using the power.

Back