Lead by example!

Rx_FZ1

The unpredicted rain this morning was sent from God, to save my Dads life! He rides to work everyday, except today because of the rain. On his way in this morning a car turned left in front of him with zero reaction time. He t-boned a full size van at 55 miles an hour. If he was on his bike he probably would not be with us anymore. I think God knew the only way to keep him alive was to make it pour right at the time he leaves, a drizzle wouldnt have stopped him!

He has been telling me how proud he is that I always gear up anytime I ride. He tried my jacket on a few times and decided if he had one like it that he would try and do the same. (previously he only wore boots & gloves) So yesterday Sept 11th, his birthday, I gave him a new Joe Rocket with full armor. Upon receiving it he decided that if he was going to wear a jacket all the time he might as well wear his full face helmet too. Yay!!
Makes me feel better and my Mom was ecstatic. However because of all this gear he figured he could ride in that rain instead of driving, but as he was putting in his jacket liner he says a voice in his head kept telling him "just take the truck" thank god he listened. Im not sure all that gear at his age would have saved him from an accident like that.

Moral of the story, lead by example, and listen to your gut!

The unpredicted rain this morning was sent from God, to save my Dads life! He rides to work everyday, except today because of the rain. On his way in this morning a car turned left in front of him with zero reaction time. He t-boned a full size van at 55 miles an hour. If he was on his bike he probably would not be with us anymore. I think God knew the only way to keep him alive was to make it pour right at the time he leaves, a drizzle wouldnt have stopped him!

He has been telling me how proud he is that I always gear up anytime I ride. He tried my jacket on a few times and decided if he had one like it that he would try and do the same. (previously he only wore boots & gloves) So yesterday Sept 11th, his birthday, I gave him a new Joe Rocket with full armor. Upon receiving it he decided that if he was going to wear a jacket all the time he might as well wear his full face helmet too. Yay!!
Makes me feel better and my Mom was ecstatic. However because of all this gear he figured he could ride in that rain instead of driving, but as he was putting in his jacket liner he says a voice in his head kept telling him "just take the truck" thank god he listened. Im not sure all that gear at his age would have saved him from an accident like that.

Moral of the story, lead by example, and listen to your gut!

Great outcome! Sorry he had the collision but so happy he was in the cage and not on two wheels.

Very glad to hear he's OK and that he was in the cage when the crash occurred. I also hope that he would not have crashed at all had he been riding, because vehicle turning left in front of motorcycle at intersection is the #1 cause of multi-vehicle accidents involving bikes, which I'm sure he knows and he probably would have been expecting the van to not see him.. and would have adjusted his position accordingly.

All's well that ends well!

Back