Late 2013 !

A friend inside Yamaha has confirmed to me last week that it will be late 2013 before we see Gen 3, this is all he can tell me, so far. That is all, but at least it comes from a very good source.

Well I suppose I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm really not surprised. Yamaha is doing all it can to stay alive (as are most other motorcycle manufactures) so it's not surprising that they are not rushing a new FZ1.

ABS has already been standard on the FZ1 since the launch of the Gen II in Holland and if I am correct in most countries in Europe. Almost every new model has ABS standard for the last few years. They are even thinking about making ABS mandetory on cars and bikes.

Hmmm I'm intersted in the core of the bike.....Will yamaha do the same as Aprilia did?? It would be nice to have 80% of parts from the R1, brakes, suspensions, forks, ECU and the engine......at least you maybe would not need to spend and additional 2000$ to mod it!!!

I'd gladly pay some extra up front to have the great suspension, ECU, and brakes out of the box, or at least make it an option. I really doubt they will do that since bikes aren't selling well and they want to keep the price low.

I don't agree with you on that, because all of the major factories, have offered with their new models some improvements, if they are gonna come out with the same model and same flaws, i don't think they will sell at all, especially with the other bikes in this category who have improved their bike in comparison with the previous model (Tuono, Z1000, Z750, Honda CB1000R) if you look at the previous models this ones have lots of additional extras and the price hasn't changed that much.

On the other side the technology that the Yamaha R1 09-12 uses it's not that new, engine, suspensions, brakes, ECU are 3 years old, and in the last 3 years we have some great new bikes with one or two ladders higher than yamaha (BMW 1000RR, Aprilia RSV, GSX1000R, Kawa ZX10-R), so if they intend to implement this technology the price shouldn't be that higher, maybe 1000$.

We will know something for sure around September/October.....until then we can do nothing but guess what Yamaha has in store for us.........

Sweet! So I'll start piling $$$ on the side. Hope they do a FZ1R in yellow... so I can just swap the sticker for a FZ6R... hopefully my wife won't notice... lol

I don't agree with you on that, because all of the major factories, have offered with their new models some improvements, if they are gonna come out with the same model and same flaws, i don't think they will sell at all, especially with the other bikes in this category who have improved their bike in comparison with the previous model (Tuono, Z1000, Z750, Honda CB1000R) if you look at the previous models this ones have lots of additional extras and the price hasn't changed that much.

On the other side the technology that the Yamaha R1 09-12 uses it's not that new, engine, suspensions, brakes, ECU are 3 years old, and in the last 3 years we have some great new bikes with one or two ladders higher than yamaha (BMW 1000RR, Aprilia RSV, GSX1000R, Kawa ZX10-R), so if they intend to implement this technology the price shouldn't be that higher, maybe 1000$.

We will know something for sure around September/October.....until then we can do nothing but guess what Yamaha has in store for us.........

I didn't mean they wouldn't have upgrades from the Gen II, but I was saying they won't go top shelf like the Tuono kinda did. I just need to find a used Tuono in the next few years and go with that. I know... good luck with that! :waiting:

We'll see what they put out there. I hope it's a few notches above the Ninja 1000, but we shall see. I wish there was an Aprilia dealer near me :( Wait, maybe I'm glad there isn't. :dontknow:

Ninja 1000 is not a better bike it gets shaky over 100mph. FZ is smooth at any speed.

I'd like to see a gen 3 come fully faired with the newer R1 motor. Let the fz8 be the naked.

Although I don't want an excuse to buy a new one...

Back